Churches for the Iraqi Christian Communities in the UK

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die” (John 11:25)

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

The Churches for the Iraqi Christian Communities in the UK have arranged a joint remembrance service for our dear departed
martyrs during the cowardly and barbaric attack on the innocent Sunday worshipers at Our Lady of Salvation for the Syrian Catholic Church in Baghdad on Sunday 31-Oct-2010.

The remembrance service will be take place on Friday 12-Nov-2010 at 19:00 at the Syrian Catholic Church (Holy Trinity Church)
(4 Brook Green, London, W6 7BL).

We send our condolences and deepest sympathy to all the bereaved families of our Martyrs and we remind them of the
promise made to them by our Lord Jesus Christ that they are now rejoicing in His Kingdom in Heaven with all the angels, saints and
faithfuls and in His presence.

Please remember them in your prayers.

The Christian Churches for the Iraqi Communities in the UK

Comments

• i just heard from a friend of mine who lost 'many friends and relatives' in the church in baghdad.
    please could those who live far from london arrange other services of solidarity and take political action where it is the right thing to do to show our brothers and sisters that we are supporting them and standing with them in prayer, fasting and deeds.
  • I just received the following

"British Orthodox Church asks for fast dedicated to Egyptian Copts

From James-Antony Kelly - 11 November 2010 (sent by Facebook)

British Orthodox Church asks 3 day fast dedicated to Egyptian Copts

St. Simeon the Tanner fast is from the 12 November through 14 November, 2010 and the next day begins Advent. The British Orthodox Church is asking these three days be dedicated to fasting and prayers for the Coptic people in Egypt; that God may protect them persecution or killing".

This is a great idea. We might as well include the brothers and sisters from Iraq in our fasting and praying.I hope everyone who reads this message would heed the call and show our support and Godly love in practice to all in perpetual persecution and suffering.
  • a website you can visit for more info and to show support is:

http://icin.org.uk/

some of the links shown on that page show very detailed photos of people who have died from bomb injuries.
    so do not follow the video links if you are sensitive.
    the audio and written report links are ok.
    may God have mercy on iraq and all the people there and lead them in the right way.
    may the Holy Spirit comfort all our dear brothers and sisters in the faith.
  • Amen, mabsoota.
    Thanks to all who pray and fast for the churches in difficulty.

EDIT: I have just heard from a friend that HH Pope Shenouda III may have cancelled the ceremony for the 39th anniversary of his Papacy to express the COC's mourning and sympathy with the Christian communities in Baghdad.

This is a clip I found on this news concerning the COC, in which they ask the Egyptian Head of the Evangelical Protestant Church alone on the phone about it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUi29VUsh1c

GBU