long nails and the devil

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
what is it about long nails and the devil? any relations? do demons hide inside long nails?

Comments

• It might help for u to realise that all those halloween characters like the witches and other freaky ladies have long nails. and those halloween characters are antichrist according to my dad. sooo yeh hope it helps. cya
  • Demons do not hide in long nails and real witches do not have long nails in any case.

Real witches, in the West, are more likely to be middle class, well educated and deluded.

The enemy does not usally advertise his presence. He is glad to make dressing up a useful means of distracting peoples attention, thinking that he is only a myth or a children's figure of fun. He hides in hearts which are filled with darkness, with hatred, with pride, with lust. He prefers to slowly wear away the light rather than attack it head on.

Demons assault us by slowly and quietly and patiently encouraging us to let down our guard, to lower our standards. When we act the same as the rest of the world then the Evil One is pleased because he has achieved his aim.

I do not like the culture around Halloween at all. It is a US import we could well do without here. But Halloween is not a threat to the Church. The threat to the Church is already within us.

Father Peter
  • I don't know if the devil has long nails, but I know he wears PRADA.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9940.msg121646#msg121646 date=1288649169]
    I don't know if the devil has long nails, but I know he wears PRADA.

lol XD
  • ilovesaintmark, thanks to google I know now what prada is but the Q was not funny at all. I am talking about how the devil manifests itself in humans.
  • I apologize.

Fr. Peter had already answered the question.

I guess my humor can be annoying.

Sorry.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9940.msg121682#msg121682 date=1288722682]
    I apologize.

Fr. Peter had already answered the question.

I guess my humor can be annoying.

Sorry.

I still love it. You may have the best sense of humor here.
  • ilovesaintmark...it is ok...peace!