Staying Focused

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
                                    In the Name of the Holy Trinity
Selam everyone!

I have been having a hard time on staying focused on God throughout the day, with school and all the distractions that comes with it. I pray and read the Holy Bible everyday but i feel like i need to do more. Like sometimes i go through long periods of time throughout the day without remembering my Goal, or the Holy Cross!
              I often don't feel as though im walking with God like im not taking Him everywhere i go throughout the day- How do i know if i am or not and how do i walk with God throughout the day? How do i show God that i love Him with all my heart, mind, and soul?
Please help me desperate need of a boost in my spirtual life. :'(

May God Bless you and allow to to answer this question according to His Holy Will

your sister

Comments

• Just as GODlovesme said, prayers where ever you go. prayer is also meant to be things like talking to God. pursuing a relationship with God. Sing songs or hymns you like to yourself, on your way to class. All these little things that can make you feel closer to God.
  • In the Name of the Holy Trinity
    Selam everyone!

May the holy trinity give you peace, Salam!

I have been having a hard time on staying focused on God throughout the day, with school and all the distractions that comes with it. I pray and read the Holy Bible everyday but i feel like i need to do more. Like sometimes i go through long periods of time throughout the day without remembering my Goal, or the Holy Cross!

as mentioned before, prayer throughout the day... spiritual songs, and etc... will remind you of your goal and of the Holy Cross... but if you don't mind me asking, why do you want to remember them? is it for the sake of remembering them for the sake of being a "good" Christian?! or is it a duty?! why do you want to remember the Cross, and your goal... why?!

if one knows the power of God, and the cross... they will not want to remember them, but will cease to breath without them! do you know the strength of God?! do you know how and what He can do to your school, to your daily life to whatever?! if you know, and you believe, you will never think of anything else but Him, and through His glory and Name, you will study to glorify Him, you will be social to the right people Through Him, to bring Him His body, and on, and on...

so I will tell you, dont remember God throughout the day... but know God, and you will not be able to live without him one day!

I often don't feel as though im walking with God like im not taking Him everywhere i go throughout the day- How do i know if i am or not and how do i walk with God throughout the day?

when you know God, you will know that He never leaves, He's always tagging along with you everywhere you go... but, even though He's there, you ignore Him... now... you tell me, how  would you feel if you were to go out today, or whenever, and you are in a group of friends, and none of them talk to you?! not only that but ignore you... and sometimes doesn't stop at that, but do what you HATE in front of you, as if you don't even exist?! how would you feel?!

God is with you everywhere, no matter where you go, no matter what you do... He's there... waiting for you to come back to Him... in our ignorance we stay away... but God loves us so much, and gives us the choice if we were to repent, He'll be there, right next to you!

so what can we do?!

we need to acknowledge His presence in our lives... sometimes we get wrapped over the fact that God is God... and forget that our friend is God... and that God Himself asked us to be His friends... so... treat God as you would treat a friend... talk to Him as you would a friend... open up to Him as you would a friend... acknowledge His presence and do as He likes, as you would a friend... put yourself in God's shoes... and see how would you feel if this happened to you, if whatever you are doing is pleasing to you or not... (lol and then get out of the shoes, we don't want to commit blasphemy)

How do i show God that i love Him with all my heart, mind, and soul?

God will be happy with you being His friend... and what does He say?! "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." so what do we need to do?! do His commandments, be simple, follow God and He will lead the rest of the way... do what He pleases, and you will be pleased... do what He wills, and you will be successful... be with Him, and you will be happy.

Please help me desperate need of a boost in my spirtual life.

I hope I helped... I'm sorry I ramble on a lot... please forgive me!
    and may God "boost" your spiritual life!

Akhadna el baraka, neshkor Allah!