Un-labelled Halal meat for sale in UK supermarkets

124»

Comments

• Ioannes, I won't grace your post with an answer, because I find you antagonistic.... Not a great advert for Christianity, perhaps you'd be better off getting off this forum which does little except bicker about points of theology, and getting out and practice living like your Christ wants you to,
  • [quote author=zandali link=topic=9784.msg155773#msg155773 date=1337405672]
    You obviously speak from a Christian perspective, but its incredibly arrogant to say that you've got the monopoly on the truth, and that everyone else is wrong. I think God alone knows the truth and that all religions are essentially man made, and contain varying degrees of that truth.... Your trinity for instance took your church hundreds of years to decide that formula... Jesus certainly never spoke of any trinity. That's just a for instance....

You say it took hundreds of years for us to "decide the formula" for who the Trinity is?
    The Trinity existed from the beginning.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters." Genesis 1:1-2
    and...
    "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”" Genesis 1:26

You also say that Jesus never spoke about the Trinity?
    Our Lord Jesus Himself says:
    "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," Matthew 28:19
    St. Paul also says:
    "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen." 1 Corinthians 13:14

And many other proofs of the Holy Trinity are stated throughout the entire Bible, not only in the New Testament, but throughout the Old Testament as well.
    You obviously speak from a Christian perspective, but its incredibly arrogant to say that you've got the monopoly on the truth, and that everyone else is wrong. I think God alone knows the truth and that all religions are essentially man made, and contain varying degrees of that truth.... Your trinity for instance took your church hundreds of years to decide that formula... Jesus certainly never spoke of any trinity. That's just a for instance....

It doesn't matter how arrogant it may sound, if that is the truth then it must be said.
    Yes I agree that there are some people (perhaps most people on this forum) who should focus less on minute theological points, and more on living the Christian life.
    Pope Shenouda said "while theologians are searching these abstruse matters, many a simple man have slipped into the kingdom of god"
    Yet that doesn't mean the specifics should be neglected... But they should not be the focus
  • Let's wait and see whether this government does anything. It is unlikely that it will, and it is in any case presently waiting to see what the EU says about the matter.

Jesus came to them and said...."go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you... Matthew 28:18+

The word trinity is not in the Bible in as much as the word monotheism is not in the Bible, but the Bible clearly teaches that there is One God who is Triune.

The One Name of the Three Hypostases, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is the Holy Trinity.
    Wrong. Do real research other than Christianityisfalse.org or whatever. The Church Fathers taught the doctrine of the Trinity since the earliest centuries of Christianity. Some of these Church Fathers were even taught by the Apostles themselves! The Holy Ecumenical Synod of Nicea only reaffirmed what the Church always believed, it did not create a new doctrine. And if you have nothing to do here than criticize the Christian faith why are you even on this forum?

What did the early Christians really believe about the Trinity?

http://www.bible.ca/H-trinity.htm