Absolution of the Priests

Hi,

What is the absolution of the priests for? You know - that prayer that is at the back of most agpeyas. And is it okay for a lay person to pray it?

Comments

• [quote author=servant33 link=topic=9754.msg119556#msg119556 date=1284868031]
    Hi,

What is the absolution of the priests for? You know - that prayer that is at the back of most agpeyas. And is it okay for a lay person to pray it?

It's an absolution that is said after midnight tasbeha right before beginning matins paryer from agpeya (as in monasteries). It is by far the most beautiful and complete prayer you'd ever hear. I LOVE IT.....in it, everything that needs prayer is mentioned......and i mean EVERYTHING.
  • i asked abouna this more than a year ago, i also decided it was the best prayer, but he said it's only for priests to pray it.
    so i read it sometimes and thank God the priests are praying it and say 'amen' in agreement.
    we still have the rest of the agpeya to pray, so we won't get bored  ;)
  • awww man. Then what was the point of putting it in all the agpeyas if only the priest can pray it?
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=9754.msg119581#msg119581 date=1284951348]
    awww man. Then what was the point of putting it in all the agpeyas if only the priest can pray it?

Why do we have priest prayers in the liturgy books and many other books?! simply because the clerical rank begins with a normal believer.