Christian Books

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hello Everyone
Peace of Jesus Christ

I have a friend who likes to read secular book. Story books specially scary ones.
I wanted to give him a christian book so that he would replace those books for christian ones. Are there any christian books that tell a story or something?

Please ask me to clarify more if you don't get it.

Thank you
God bless

Comments

• C S Lewis wrote novels for grown-ups as well as children's stories. I don't know whether they would be acceptable to modern people.

I'll try and think of more
  • Yes I think he would.

Can you please give me specific ones.

Thank you
    Ebnyasoo3
  • why can u buy them ??? online or where
  • You can get C S Lewis online-favourite would be Amazon.

Also check this out http://www.biblio.com/c-s-lewis~108759~author

Older works like the Father Brown stories by G K Chesterton might interest some people and of course Tolkien was a Christian even if The Lord of the Rings is not specifically Christian.
  • i started to watch the narnia series and it's amazing...even thoo they are children books.
  • It occurred to me that books don't have to be specifically Christian to be of value to a Christian, although this might not so often be true of books written in order to scare people.

For example, I'm just finishing some books by the Victorian novelist Elizabeth Gaskell. Beautifully written and closely observed, they belong to a time when people were motivated by morality, duty and faith; often to the detriment of their own personal pleasures.

The number of authors who call themselves Christian are few but the number of good writers are many so don't be limited by the author's faith label; recommend any good books you have loved. If they are true, they will be good for a Christian.

p.s. I've just remembered a novel I read by Shusaku Endo(who is/was a Roman Catholic) about the RC martyrs in Japan in the 17th century. That may make your spine tingle, although it's about the moral dilemmas facing the missionaries.