Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Listening to the Quran
Is that wrong to listen to it? I was on a youtube video and it was in arabic (ie didn't understand a thing), but I was told to turn it off.... What's wrong with it? I mainly listen to it because it's nostalgic... of Egypt...


Comments
Would you listen to something in Arabic if you knew it was constant obscenities, or was the worship of Satan, or was abusing your mother? Even if you didn't understand it?
What we listen to gets into our heads and memories, and outside of comparative studies we should not allow the words of the Koran to find a way into our hearts and memories. There are almost unlimited amounts of Christian material in Arabic, by Copts and other Orthodox Christians, I would listen to that if you want to hear Arabic spoken.
Father Peter
Truly outstanding words! Thank you Father for making such a straightforward comment.
Things a Koran is good for:
1. Firewood
2. Toilet Paper
3. Cleaning up spills
4. Playing football
5. Making videos on different ways to destroy it, then posting it on youtube
6. Portable bathroom
7. Paper for rolling cigarettes, if smoking is your thing
8. Laughing at
9. Giving to Mormons and JW's
10. Portable Bathroom
FACT: the language spoken in hell, is arabic.
Is that wrong to listen to it? I was on a youtube video and it was in arabic (ie didn't understand a thing), but I was told to turn it off.... What's wrong with it? I mainly listen to it because it's nostalgic... of Egypt...
ya3ny there isn't enough coptic hymns out there...or greek, or syriac or any other orthodox (or even catholic) church hymns.....or all the arabic (COUNTLESS) arabic taranim .... or even english protestants christian songs out there to listen to...you now wanna listen to quraan......
I am totally serious......feed your mind with things that will get you to the right place.....
its not something that i usually do anyways, i was just wondering why my parents didnt like it and now i see why.
Ioannes, Pope Shenouda said that any insult against Islam goes against the teachings of Christ
edit: i forgot to ask... in egypt almost every place, restaurants, streets they play the quran...so?
edit: i forgot to ask... in egypt almost every place, restaurants, streets they play the quran...so?
we are FORCED to be listening to that.....the government is not really that lenient towards our own beliefs even thoo we just ask for equality.
Arabic is a horrible language too. Anyone remember the whole cutting out the tongues of children for speaking OUR language? Do you remember reading about being forced by this horrible satanic religion to speak its satanic language?
Things a Koran is good for:
1. Firewood
2. Toilet Paper
3. Cleaning up spills
4. Playing football
5. Making videos on different ways to destroy it, then posting it on youtube
6. Portable bathroom
7. Paper for rolling cigarettes, if smoking is your thing
8. Laughing at
9. Giving to Mormons and JW's
10. Portable Bathroom
FACT: the language spoken in hell, is arabic.
How strange, since it is the language that many of our saints speak/spoke..
I think Arabic is a beautiful language, and btw, remember when muslims destroyed Buddha statues because they found them 'demonic', or what about people who'd like to see Ancient Pharaonic temples destroyed because they remind them of a heathen religion..
Wo, I just can't believe what poeple on this site are saying..
Is that wrong to listen to it? I was on a youtube video and it was in arabic (ie didn't understand a thing), but I was told to turn it off.... What's wrong with it? I mainly listen to it because it's nostalgic... of Egypt...
Most coptic Christians listen to Abd Il Halim or Oum Khalsoum songs to remind them of Egypt... but why would you listen to the Quran for?
Which part would you like repeated?
"Find and kill the kafirs wherever you may find them"?
Do you miss listening to this??
You know something SOD?? If I may call u that? We are SO different you and I.
There was ONLY ONE good thing about being forced to listen to the Quran when I was in Egypt: and that was it made me pray silently (Our Father Prayer) in my head rather than hear a word of it.
That was the ONLY good thing about being forced to listen to the Quran in Egypt.
Dude, if you like Egypt that much, you are there. If you want to listen to it to remind you of where you are actually living then you need a map, not a quran.
But seriously sod, don't make it a habit to listen to the Quran, actually don't listen to it at all, i don't think there is much more to say. Everybody has already said what i am repeating here. It's very dangerous, trust me, i heard some of it on youtube and i was like "WOW, this is so beautiful" then you start doubting your faith. It is very dangerous and when you do this act you invite the devil into your house.