How To Read The Bible??

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
im always jumping around reading different books but i havent read most of the old testament books and im very unorganized about reading the bible.  What can i do to read everything???

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What I believe is the best way to read the Bible, is to read like any other book, cover to cover! Start at Genesis end at Revelations ! :)
  • Read the footnotes and cross-references as you go along.
  • with all due respect to the previous posters... the bible is not a regular book to read from cover to cover... the bible is not a regular book to read in a special sequence... the Bible is A MESSAGE!

Usually its best to start a book, and then read another book that focuses on your spiritual life... hence why I agree 100000000000% why you should talk to your spiritual Guide, because he/she should know the best books that can help you in that stage of spiritual growth!

neshkor Allah... akhadna el baraka!
  • As usual, BAM, has taken the discussion to an elevated course.  I agree wholeheartedly, and I retract my simple statements.  I would say that the references help to get the overall aspect of the Bible.  It allows us to see, as BAM says, that It is not a cover to cover book, but rather a "circle" of perpetual expression of God's Word.
  • It differs for everyone but in general it is adviced to start with the gospels and the epistles since they cover the life of Christ and the general Christian teaching. Like said before, seek the council of ur FOC.
  • Do what I do and read a chapter each of the New Testament, Old Testament and Psalms every day, and really study them. I'll warn you now, though - I've heard of quite a few people who were atheists until they actually sat down and read the Bible. One is now a pastor at a fairly large church in Melbourne (I read a newspaper article about him around Easter - go here to read the article: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/peace-… and another now leads the Christian group at my university.
  • i think you should ask your father . so you can read your level of understanding ... don't just read because you might not understand and that means you are not benefiting from the bible ...