Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Synod of the Oak
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synod_of_the_Oak
I always knew there was a misunderstanding between the two patriarchs, I believe it was even discussed to a certain degree on this site, however I didn't know it was this serious. Wikipedia paints Abba Theophilus in a less than flattering light, basically accusing him of being a tyrant rather than a patriarch. I know Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable source, but it is edited. I was wondering if anyone could provide more 'trustworthy' sources or better yet more detailed explanations of the problems between the two saints.
I always knew there was a misunderstanding between the two patriarchs, I believe it was even discussed to a certain degree on this site, however I didn't know it was this serious. Wikipedia paints Abba Theophilus in a less than flattering light, basically accusing him of being a tyrant rather than a patriarch. I know Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable source, but it is edited. I was wondering if anyone could provide more 'trustworthy' sources or better yet more detailed explanations of the problems between the two saints.
