Young Ladies

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Thanks for the advice, now if anyone has any ideas on dealing with young females who are new to the Church I would really appreciate it, especially when it comes to dress and head covering.

Comments

• i would suggest not to make it too difficult, if u are talking about people who are not baptised members of the church. so if everyone in the street is wearing little vest tops, ask them to upgrade to t-shirts with shoulders covered. also ask men to not wear short shorts (i.e they should cover their thighs) and also not to wear vest tops, so the women don't feel it's only they who have to take care with dress.

i don't think u should ask those who are not church members to cover their heads, after all, head coverings are a sign of submission to God, there's no point in submitting in your clothes but not in the rest of your life. eg no-one asked me to cover my head in church, i started to do it several months before i joined the church, once i realised it was the right thing to do.

if u are talking about church members, of course, you must insist on head coverings for women taking Holy Communion (and bare heads for men taking Holy Communion), and ask them also to cover their heads in the rest of the service.

i see u asked about women, do u find more women coming to church than men? if so, show saint movies with male saints being brave and strong in God's power and focus on the great adventure that life is with God. also arrange groups to do practical things like taking care of the homeless or helping people to grow their own food etc. one the community sees a group of women struggling in their digging, hopefully the men will join in and give a hand!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9344.msg115391#msg115391 date=1276192445]
    On a bit less serious note, Egyptians love to gossip... over the littlest things. just keep that in mind.

lolol so true
  • yeah, if u can teach them not to gossip, they'll be so holy the clothes thing will just come naturally!