CELEBRATING DECEMBER 25TH!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
helllloooo hellloooo helllllloooooo ok i'll stop now.. lol
ok i kno Christmas was like 15 minutes ago.. here in cali.. but my question is why can't we celebrate it... i kno its bcz we use our coptic calender but why???????
u kno why can't we celebrate both???? i mean like Coptics and Muslims in EGY celebrate it.. i mean they like put christmas shows on and stuff even tho its a muslim country.. but like my couzin told me that muslims too celebrate the 25th of december.. so i got confused and was like " WHAT???? :o???" so ya hope u guys help me out..
cu latttaa :-* :-* :-*

Rina ;)

Comments

• It’s okay to celebrate both... I celebrated both since forever... well I have half of my family evangelical, in Egypt so I have no excuse to do it here too... but why not? Another day to praise God in.
  • Don't conform to conformity.
  • Another day to praise God in.

Your so right!
    :)Everyday is Christmas in our hearts.Let us praise and thank God everyday for the birth of Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!Let us celebrate by the fruit of our lips, the glorious incarnation of the Prince of Glory.
  • Well i give/recieve presents on both cuz most of my friends are catholic and altho we don't go to church i still have a nice day with my family filled with a lot of christmas movies lol. basically, i don't completely ignore the 25th.
  • Anybody know why we have different dates for Christmas? There may be no right or wrong date for Christmas but knowing the history is important I think.

If you're curious, here's the deal:

http://www.suscopts.org/literature/literature.php?misc=search&subaction=showfull&id=1084912878&archive=&cnshow=news&start_from=&;

• you noe what brothers me.... the whole christmas tree... its a nice thing and everything and i noe the true story about st. nick...but the x-mas tree... wasnt it made up by american industries just to make more money....lyk valentine's day...anyway...lol...what really bugs me is that it takes away focus from the true reason we celebrate x-mas...Christ's birth...and then x-mas is more focused on presents...which i have nothing against...lol...but still....
  • i know, its become such a commercial holiday which is really annoying and then we have all these ppl who aren't christian celebrating it and they have no idea what its about. I'm not sure but i think the tree is supposed to represent life because its the only tree that has green leaves in winter.
  • i watching queer eye for the straight eye...thats a whole other story...lol....and the guy was lyk its represents beauty..because even though everything in winter is ugly....but the pine tree is still fruitful....its the same thing i guess lyk what u were saying Rita...lol :)
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=931;start=0#msg16313 date=1104066774]
    well I have half of my family evangelical, in Egypt so I have no excuse to do it here too...
    well my grampa is catholic.. so do i have an execuse too???
    and wuts up w/ the christmas tree?? i love christmas trees.. i love decorating them.. its FUN FUN FUN!! :D

Rina ;)
  • it is fun but where did they come from...lol....i luv my xmas...but my parents really dont wrap my presents...lol...and put them under the tree...its more lyk them just hanging me the present...lol....
  • hey guys, my cousin from germany sent me some really kewl info about christmas trees,i hope you enjoy it ;)

The Christmas tree is one of the most dominant symbols of the Christmas season all over the world. The decorated and fully lighted Christmas tree has an aura in itself. It fills the air with warmth, love and happiness that are symbolic of the holiday season.
    Though Martin Luther, the German monk and church reformer, first started the modern concept of indoor tree decorations, the tree has been associated with celebrations since yore. In the Middle Ages, the Germans and Scandinavians placed evergreen trees inside their homes or just outside their doors to show their hope for the forthcoming spring. The modern Christmas tree evolved from these evergreen trees that were regarded as a symbol of life. The tradition then spread to other parts of Europe and the entire world.

According to a legend, the Christmas tree is associated with the birth of Jesus Christ. It is believed that on the night of the birth of Christ, all kinds of living creatures came to Bethlehem with gifts. The olive tree came along with its fruit and the palm with its date but the fir had nothing to gift the newborn king. So an angel, taking pity on the fir, commanded a cluster of stars to shine on its beautiful boughs. Baby Jesus smiled on seeing the lighted tree, and blessed it. Consequently, the fir tree is always lighted with many decorations on it, to please little children during Christmas.

****Another belief is that the triangular shape of the tree symbolizes the Trinity and points upwards towards the God. While the light, gift and decorations on the Christmas tree mean heaven; love and charity respectively.

Even the decorations on the Christmas trees draw their root in traditional values. The crystal balls symbolizes the fruit of redemption, the electric light or the candles are ancient symbols that stand for the triumph of spring over the darkness of winter. The light also symbolizes the light that Jesus Christ cast upon the lives of the people. The Holy, when it flies down to earth, is believed to take the shape of a dove. The dove symbolizes the Holy Spirit, while the bell symbolizes the joys of life. There's also a link about the origin of the christmas tree, i cant get in english tho :(

http://www.youthbishopric.com/newsletter/13.htm

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • well we really dont know when anything happened percisely, i think the whole day thing is just for the sake of difference, although theres some new tests and research showing christmas was in April so um yah dont be too upset we'r in jan. lol
  • lol thnx awad.. u made me feel good i mean our christmas is pretty early compared to the research..
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.. i kno i'm late plz forgive me.. well hope ur wishes come true.. :-* :-* :-*