JESUS OR MOHAMMAD TALKSHOW!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Has Anyone seen the talkshow Jesus or Mohammad?

it shows on abnsat.com and it is hosted by Sam Shamoun a Syrian Orthodox Brother and David Wood a converted Atheist to Christianity..

They are both Christian Apologists, meaning the clarify Christianity to muslims mainly, they host a show where they show us the fallacies of islam and mohammad and then allow muslims worldwide to phone in and have their say and debate if they want..

watch it!!!

abnsat.com .....the schedule for the show is announced before hand on davids blog answeringmuslims.com

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Of course whenever faith is discussed tensions can become high, though the truth must be proclaimed in Love, to the end that every knee should bow to The Lord Jesus Christ, in this life while we have a choice before the Judgement....

When every knee shall bow without choice....

Also some religions feel they should be beyond scrutiny and criticism, though this idea is ridiculous.

we should be able to have free, open and peaceful debate and discussion about any issue without violence, and threats and evil spirits

so God bless these brothers who are making efforts to engage in meaningful dialogue with our muslims neighbours, for refuting the heresy and satanic religion which is islam, to rescue the souls of our beloved muslim neighbours to the Glory of the Holy Trinity. forever
  • i went to the website but i couldn't find the show
  • Go to abnsat.com then on the menu go to [online video] and yoou will see a list of shows some in arabic some in english and you will see Jesus or muhammad
  • wow, this is an amazing show

God Bless You
  • yes Brother

Glory to the Lord

it is a non denominational ministry though they argue from the Orthodox Christian standpoint as it is the Oldest and purest Christian position

on many of the Shows there is one brother in particular Sam Shamoun you can find his writings at answering-islam.org, he i think is syrian Orthodox and his knowledge and zeal in defending Christianity and debunking islam is God given.

Glory to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. one God amen
  • [quote author=kefleyohannes link=topic=9191.msg114068#msg114068 date=1272886837]

it shows on abnsat.com and it is hosted by Sam Shamoun a Syrian Orthodox Brother and David Wood a converted Atheist to Christianity..

[quote author=kefleyohannes link=topic=9191.msg114314#msg114314 date=1273576607]
    yes Brother

Glory to the Lord

it is a non denominational ministry though they argue from the Orthodox Christian standpoint as it is the Oldest and purest Christian position

on many of the Shows there is one brother in particular Sam Shamoun you can find his writings at answering-islam.org, he i think is syrian Orthodox and his knowledge and zeal in defending Christianity and debunking islam is God given.

Glory to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. one God amen

kefleyohannes,

Are you sure these statements are accurate? I think Sam Shamoun and David Wood are both Protestants and I think that they argue from a Protestant perspective.

I found the following on http://ministrytomuslims.net/Speakers.html#Sam

Sam Shamoun  Apologist, Debater, Evangelist, Writer, Speaker

Born in Kuwait , Sam moved with his family to the US at the tender age of 2 years old. Sam’s religious upbringing was based on the teachings found in most Assyrian homes, the Church of the East (more commonly known as the Nestorian Church ).
    During his adolescent years Sam was confronted and challenged with his Christian beliefs and introduced to the teachings of Islam as being the one true religion. This encounter shook Sam in a profound way. God used this experience to cause Sam to dig deeply into the basics of the Christian Faith. This examination came in the form of examining the teachings of the Holy Scriptures closely. While he examined the Scriptures, he came into contact with the person of Jesus Christ and accepted Him as Lord of His life. God also showed Sam during his time of intense study that he was blessed with the ability to recall passages of Scripture with great ease. Along with the ability to recall scriptures, Sam gives relevance and meaning to Scripture in order to answer skeptics’ questions.
    Considered by scholars and theologians to be an authority on the teachings of Islam as well as Christianity, Mr. Shamoun currently writes for one of the world's most highly recognized web sites challenging the teachings of Islam, : http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/index.htm , as a key staff contributor to the website.
    Mr. Shamoun has countless articles dealing with common objections and obstacles presented by Islam against the Christian faith. In addition to his major contribution the web site, Mr. Shamoun has engaged in debates nationwide as an informed apologist refuting the accusations and attacks presented by Islam against Christianity. Mr. Shamoun also lectures and teaches across the country and is a regular guest speaker for many leading missionary and Christian education organizations.

However, I think you are correct that David Wood is a former atheist that converted to Christianity (this seems to be confirmed here http://www.acts17.net/ if you click on about us and then on david wood).
  • I don't think Sam Shamoun is Orthodox. In the 'Twisting Scripture 101. Pt 1' he says kissing the Cross is a form of idolatry! As well meaning as they are be care careful in framework they're teaching with. The website is a so-called 'non-denomenational' ministry thus believes in 'Sola Scriptura' or the Bible Alone concept. Their islamic knowledge is impressive as well as their refutations but try to sift or separate what Orthodox from what isn't. Thanks otherwise to an interesting website (I enjoy Fr. Zakariyya more though).
  • What i do is just listen to the contradictions against the Islamic religion, but when they talk about our religion and start giving a sermon i just skip most of it.
  • That's the spirit, GeoMike!!!
  • lol.  ;D ;D
  • [quote author=kefleyohannes link=topic=9191.msg114068#msg114068 date=1272886837]

They are both Christian Apologists, meaning the clarify Christianity to muslims mainly, they host a show where they show us the fallacies of islam and mohammad and then allow muslims worldwide to phone in and have their say and debate if they want..

watch it!!!

abnsat.com .....the schedule for the show is announced before hand on davids blog answeringmuslims.com

David Wood is brilliant. I love this man.

Sam Shamoun is wonderful to listen to also. They are brilliant.

Paster Joseph talks a bit too much, but the three of them have a great show.

You should see David's video on the Mosque at Ground 0.

There's one episode where they went to evangelise their Christian faith in Michigan at an Arab festival.

Although they do tend to evangelise or direct their efforts towards muslims, as a Christian, I do find their show rewarding and beneficial.