Self-Examination

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Selam everybody,

Fasting is half-way done and i was wondering how could i Self-Examine myself?
If anyone has any tips to self-examining please reply

May God help us and have mercy on us

a sinner

Comments

• Self examine in what way? Because I don't think you are supposed to have an account of all that you did -which are good. Unless you mean it in another way.
  • I like your display picture by the way!
  • http://old.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=23&Itemid=26

Scroll down till you see

So YOU Want to Be Like Jesus, huh?
    Father Anthony Messeh | 07.24.2006
    Hits: 1709 Related Materials
      Handout A sermon on daily self-evaluation.  To download a guide on daily self-evaluation, please click here.

Click on the red "click here" link and theres a great guide...

Grace and peace be multiplied to you!
  • Listen to this sermon,also by Fr Anthony Massih. He is funny too!

http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/sermons/fasting-controlling-what-comes-out

TITL, on the right sideof the page,there is a title "self control".I still have not found the time to listen to it,but it looks relevant to your question on silence.
  • Abounasarecool,

Lioness of God has already supplied this link.
  • I suggest keeping a journal of everything you have done on each day. Then you can start to narrow down exactly which sins you may be committing that you were unaware of. Also take note of what people say to you or even hint to you on your actions and or behavior. As you progress in weeding out the bad, you can always go back through and look at just how sinful you are, just in case your head is getting too big. I think this is a great way to battle against sin, but for self examination. Hopefully this helps.
  • asking the Lord to reveal to you what behaviors / attitudes need to be stopped is very helpful. often we'll be doing something, not sure if it's wrong, and keep doing it out of uncertainty. asking the Lord to help you understand your specific sins and repent of them is basically trusting Him to point out and help you with those sins you don't realize, or try to rationalize away.

give Him all parts of Your heart, brother, and trust Him to purify You, help you, and refine you. it won't happen over night. but sometimes God works slowly so that we learn to rely on Him, and be patient.