Hymn Competition 2010

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
hello all
I need some info on the Alhan competition 2010 in the Archangel Michael and St. Mina Church in albany, NY-

when is it?
can boys AND girls participate??
I found the alhan on their website but is it church against church or person against person?
Do you need to register?
What is the basis of testing??

please give me as much info as you can please!!
Thank you sooooo much and God bless you all

Comments

• Hi Ya Raab my name is danny im from archangel michael and st menas church in Staten Island New York**
    The hymn competition rules and hymns can be found at
    http://michaelmenasi.com/HC10/ for the text and rules please scroll down and click on the link for text and that will give you the whole booklet including the rules and the hymns for this years competition. Also the audio is there as well.

The hymn competition is set into groups by age where each participant competes againts other individuals. Then the 5th group is a chorus group one chorus from each church. And then in the end there are two other awards for the churches who did the best and the church who had the most points.

Hope this helped GOd Bless
  • Boys and Girls can compete
    There is a limit to 10 persons per group except for the 5th group
    Registration goes through your church
    Basis of testing is in:
    1st and 2nd Group: Correct Tune, Correct Pronounciaton, and Memorization parts
    3rd and 4th Group: Correct Tune, Correct Pronounciation, Coptic Reading, and Memorization
    5th Group: Tune, Pronounciation

The competition will be on September 25 and 26 October 2 and 3 2010
    After your church registers you will be notified with what day you will go
    Please be on time as we will try our best also to finish everything on Schedule

Pray for us
  • wow Danny! Thank you so much! This reminds me of the Philly Competition-God bless you!

I didn't know it was so far off

One more question (I'm sorry): the 5th group, the chorus, competes as a chorus and the other groups compete individually??

Thanks again
  • Yea the chorus competes together, everyone goes on together and everything same process as the individual competition, and the other groups from 1 to 4 go by themselves

Do you mind me asking what church you are from?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hi jibrahim23!!

i just sent you a personal message-hope you get it

this is funny