Is not fasting a sin?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
is not fasting a sin? because sometimes aftr i break a fast there is a feeling of guilt especially when people ask you are you fasting today.

Comments

• We can broadly divide sins into two: sins of commission and sins of omission. Basically sins of commission are what we do wrong while sins of omission are things we fail to do. Here are some examples:
    Sins of commission
    Sins of the mind; every kind of thought:
    •Lust            •love of praise            •judgment         •envy      •ungratefulness

Sins of deed:
    •Stealing           •adultery               •smoking

Sins of the tongue:
    •Swearing            •Lying         •Judgment         •Gossip      •Slander
    •Exaggeration        •Cursing            •false testimony etc...

Sins of emotions (relationships):
    •Hostility                       •hatred

Sins of omission
    • negligence in:
    a.Prayer
    b.Reading the Holy Bible
    c.Fasting
    d.Service
    e.Charity
    f.Loving others (James 4:17)

Pray for me
    In Christ
    Theophilus
  • Thanks for the nice explanation  :) GBU
  • Glad to help! One thing I noticed is when I avoid the sins of omission (you know be strong in prayer, reading the bible, etc) I also avoid the sins of commission. But when I neglect my spiritual life I find my self doing and saying stuff I am not proud of. I think how one is doing regarding sins of omission may be taken as an indication how he is doing in regards to sins of commission.

Pray for me
    In Christ
    Theophilus    :)
  • Im not really answering the question as such, but would like to say that you should not care what people say and ask you. Do you pray and fast for them or for God. Too many people care too much about when people ask them if they are doing certain things. Your fasting and prayer is between you and God and he is the one who is going to judge you in the end so you should not care about what you are going to tell people when they ask you. Thats not what religion is about.

Thanx
  • Good perspective on it :) thnx
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.