This game

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
my parents found me playing dis game online the other day, and they cornered me and told me that if i were to continue to playi am not allowed to go to church, since im not allowed to lie to them theyll ask me, but i was wonderign is rong to play a game with skulls and stuff and guns , isn;t halo worse? ppl like Hos Erof say it its ok, but i have no way to convince my parents

can u help me??

Comments

• lol, i dont think your parents will agree because i think it's ok

what's the exact reason u can't play the game? is it because it costs too much time, or because they think it's too violent?
    if they think it's too violent then look for other games, there's enough fun non violent games on the market.

playing a game is defintely not worth, not being allowed to go to church, so if ur parents dont want u to play that specific game, then i really would look for other fun things to do, that they do approve :)
  • dey say that i a m living a life full of satan and they say i cnat see violence or picture like this and then go praise Mary in kiahk, so i dont know what to do

check it out http://www.thunderarena.com
  • I agree violent games are fun... but you must listen to your parents... or by the violent games that go with your age... and tell them these games are okay... it made for people in my age.
  • did u check outt that onlien game i was tlaking about its free lol:

http://www.thundearena.com
  • I tried it for like a sec. but still, you always need to do what your parents tell you... you might think its not true, but they what is right....
  • Hey Roaming,
    I took a look at the game and I think it IS pretty bad, forgive me but I think that stuff like that is pretty bad. If you are a deacon I think that this is NOT what a deacon should do. God Bless you.

Michael
  • Just don't play it..even if it isn't wrong, it isn't worth not going to 7/4 for it. You should listen to your parents anyway. (I know video games can be addicting) God bless.
  • i stopped it anyway, but yea i do go to 7/4 and it is really NICE, i love the words and our priest is a cool guy too :)

but i really enjoeyd playing that game, its like how you get addicted to halo and halo 2
  • i hate that halo game..
  • may i ask y?
  • it doesnt matter what game you talk about... if your parents said NO, then its a NO.
  • hi if you dont mind me askin whats 7/4?????

im a bit of a blonde
  • Hey I have a reeeeeeeeeeally great answer for your parents:

Amba David said it was ok

I asked him a little while back and he said it was just like playing chess. He said chess has killing and swords in it so guns and blood are ok.

Hope that was convincing enough

By the way, this is all true
  • [quote author=Roaming link=board=1;threadid=864;start=0#msg15394 date=1102996648]
    may i ask y?

lol, no special reason..just not my kind of game.
  • Hey Justin, 7/4 is Khiak...we call it 7/4 because there are originally 7 praises that the church originally had. Afterwards there were an additional 4 praises added for St. Mary. So now they call it 7/4 because it recognizes the 7 original praises and the 4 that the church added during Kiahk. I'm not exactly sure if thats entirely correct but its sumwhere along those lines :-\ Maybe someone whos a deacon can give u full detail, but thats pretty much it i hope, lolx....

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • i always thought it was the 7 Theotokia parts of the Sunday Midnight praise and the 4 Canticles (Hos), if u follow the same order it should be 4/7 not 7/4 because the Canticles are prayed before the Theotokia parts lol, i never understood this part ???
  • [quote author=Coptic_Avenger link=board=1;threadid=864;start=0#msg15463 date=1103065230]
    Hey I have a reeeeeeeeeeally great answer for your parents:

Amba David said it was ok

I asked him a little while back and he said it was just like playing chess. He said chess has killing and swords in it so guns and blood are ok.

Hope that was convincing enough

By the way, this is all true

i don't think his parents will agree because a bischop said it's ok. I don't think there's much wrong with games with killing etc either (i mean in super mario brothers u kill too :P)
    however if his parents dont want him to play that specific game, then he should just listen to them, so that he can go to 7/4, and look for another, less violent game.
  • but isn't it a sin tho? dere is soum veyr bad profile picks in dat game