taking communion without confessing

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i dont get it lets say i take communion but i am not ready to confess just yet then what

Comments

• i am the last to tell you whether you should or should not confess, but you should be worthy to take communion which does include confessing your sins, thats why they usually tell us to have weekly or monthly confession with abouna. We are going up to take the BODY AND BLOOD of the One who saved us because we were so deep in sin. The least we could do is confess them before Him. Im not sure if this is right but before you take communion if you sit with yourself and repent for all your sins and you make it from the heart and it is a serious repentance then you can take communion, i dunno if thats right.

- to answer your question, you should always prepare yourself to be ready to confess, and if you take communion without confessing then i honestly dont think its bad unless you like drank alcohol, smoked, kissed a girl, or any of that stuff. But before communion read the prayer before communion and read it from your heart not your lips. 
  • St Paul Says

If you eat and drink of the Body and Blood Christ unworthily you drink and eat judgment upon yourselves. I dont remember the exact reference.
  • Dear Bigeee
    What is the reason that you are not confessing before communion?
    1. Is it that it is hard to get hold of your abouna? In that case you can try to make confession during the liturgy; you know during the readings. Or you can go real early and ask abouna before he start the liturgy if you can take communion and then have confession after the liturgy, my abouna allowed me to do this once or twice.
    2. If your reason is that you think your sin is insignificant, it would be wise to tell you abouna and let him tell you that it is insignificant.
    3. If your reason is because you are ashamed or don’t feel comfortable; in this case the least you can do is confessed to your abouna that you are not confessing. You know just tell him, you find it hard to confess and have a talk about confession.
    These are usually my main reasons for not confessing, if your reason is a different one I am sure we can all learn from you.
    Pray for me
    In Christ
    Theophilus  :)