i know a sin is a sin

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
but things like cursing for example do i need to confess to that since they are worst sins?

Comments

• in the paradise of the fathers we are taught that your father of confession should know how many sips of water you have drank...

I'm not saying that we're at the level (speaking about myself) of going to that extent... but a sin that I noticed that I do and never confessed was speeding... that's a sin because you're breaking the law... lol good thing my father of confession has ridden with me and knows my bad habit!

but we have to be conscious of every sin we do... a good example that led me to learning to do so is... if I was out with a friend, and there is something that really bothered him/her lets say this thing is me speeding... when I meet up with them due to my love to that person, I will tell them "I'm sorry, I was in a rush, and I sped today..." due to my love and respect to that person I will tell them, and confess to them my shortcoming that they don't like... which is of course the beginning of my healthy relationship with this person. but me feeling the guilt of that, that they don't like... shows them my love, my seriousness, my consciousness of their wants, my selflessness... and it helps everything surrounding the relationship.

now lets take this relationship with God... He does not like any thing bad... how am I going to build my relationship with Him... my trust with Him?

we do the same we do with our friends... we confess and expose any short coming that I have done to upset Him... and not only that but make sure I fix it... when you start being conscious with God's feelings... even speeding will make you feel guilty and you will confess about it!

I took the blessings... Thank God!
  • God never said only confess the sins you think are ok to confess. what is the point of confession then? we should tell our father of confession everything!!! Jesus said 22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire." Matthew 5:22

whether you are cursing at someone or just cursing in general, its still wrong. As Christians we need to be pure "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34

please do not think i am judging you, we are all just looking out for each other here. and i think i need to take my own advice ;D

God Bless and please pray for me and my weakness
  • since we're at it, I might as well ask my question thats been on my mind for a while.

Does your father of confession have to know the good things you do or only the bad.

thanks and pray for me
  • guys, this question that I asked last is a serious question that I want an answer for and I don't know who else to ask.
  • Selam the_least,

I think that was a great question, i hope God can help me answer this,

I think if you have been through some kind of trouble that your FOC knows about
    and you  have some kind of improvement like, for example, Frequently getting angry and you have improved, i think you should tell your FOC so you both can celebrate, the success you have had thanks to God.

Then you both can praise God for His wonderful works, which can not be counted!!! :)

I hope this question was answered.

May God Bless You and help you always

a sinner
  • since we're at it, I might as well ask my question thats been on my mind for a while.

Does your father of confession have to know the good things you do or only the bad.

thanks and pray for me

yes of course... you need to tell him about everything, including appearances from the Heavenly... he needs to know EVERYTHING!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!