Saint John the Short

here is My sacrifice of saint John the short... HAPPY SAINT JOHN THE SHORT'S FEAST!!!

here is a condensed meaning...

1. the tree of obedience surrounds saint John even forming his halo... which is because his life was all obedience!
2. there are ten random leaves, which reach almost everywhere in the icon... and thats because his obedience blessed anywhere and everywhere and blessed him!
3. the main branches are two... two is the second month is baba... and there is twenty fruits for his feast being on the twentieth
4. the tree is split into seven parts because he was perfected in obedience.
5. the tree splits in three branches/roots... because anywhere and everywhere he went and taught... he did for the trinity...

this is a very very condensed version of the meaning of this icon... if you have a question feel free to ask!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!

Comments

• Very nice Super, bravo!

Great ideas I also like the 12 sided icon shape.
    May be add the great saint's name in Coptic type.

GBU
  • thats impressive...

what is that painted on btw? it looks like you held the painting up against a car seat or something...

makes me wanna learn how to paint...
  • twelve sides for his priesthood and apostolic succession... this icon is filled with A LOT for symbols 

I would write his name in coptic, but my handwriting is really bad, so I never write on my icons anymore... I keep it written through the drawings and symbolism only now!

it is "written" (not painted) on wood... I just took a picture of it on my way to church

neshkor Allah... akhadna el baraka!