Repentance!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I sometimes dont feel repentant for my sins!!
I feel angry at myself and i hate myself,
but i dont feel that feeling of repentance
and my heart feels like stone when i commit the sin
it feels like i can never feel repentance what do i do?

Comments

• i am reading this book right now by H.H. Pope Shenouda called The Life of Repentance and Purity because i have a similar problem

may the Lord help us through the prayers of the saints
  • +midnight prayer of the Agpia: These prayers have a repentance theme to it..
    and/or just doing tasbeha under the guidance of: http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Praises/Midnight_Praises/St_Anthony_Monastery,_English_Midnight_Praises.html
    somehow it makes you see our sin clearly. i think it has something to do with being close to the Light makes us see the sin in our life.

Didnt David the Prophet and King ask in Psalm 51 "wash me and i shall be whiter than snow...create in me a clean heart O God and renew a steadfast Spirit within me.. Ask God to give you a repentant heart.
    Completely submit yourself to Him and let Him work in your life.
    God is truely amazing.
  • +Read H.H Pope Shenouda's book..because we can not add upon anything he says because he is drivin by the Holy Spirit to led his flock.
  • [quote author=Christrules link=topic=8333.msg106298#msg106298 date=1252989515]
    I sometimes dont feel repentant for my sins!!
    I feel angry at myself and i hate myself,
    but i dont feel that feeling of repentance
    and my heart feels like stone when i commit the sin
    it feels like i can never feel repentance what do i do?

Oh, today His Holiness Pope Shenouda was talking about that on CTV.

He said that if you do not feel repentant, then you should pray to God that He gives you the true repentance.

You are clearly unrepentant. The Pope mentioned that you are only repentant when you regret the sin and you NEVER want to do it again.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=8333.msg106330#msg106330 date=1253128569]
    Oh, today His Holiness Pope Shenouda was talking about that on CTV.

He said that if you do not feel repentant, then you should pray to God that He gives you the true repentance.

You are clearly unrepentant. The Pope mentioned that you are only repentant when you regret the sin and you NEVER want to do it again.

yea i saw that...

DESPISE the sin...fill your mind with spiritual things until youre no longer thinking about doing the sin
  • Thank you all :D
    I will take Sayedna's wise words and put them to use God willing

Pray for me and my weakness :)