could this be a sign from god? or something else?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
guys every time my dad prays cause my mom and dad are still Muslim and my brother suffers from autism i was baptized and now i am Coptic orthodox but every time my dad prays the Muslim prayer now for the last 2 or 3 days my brother will walk out the room shut the door and put his hands on his ears what do you guys think?

Comments

• dear bro,
    i think it means your brother is unhappy with something. it might be related to the prayer or it might not.
    what is your home situation like? (you don't have to answer publically)
    if you are free to pray in a way your family can see, then start praying in a way your brother can see.
    it may take a while for him to react, people with autism sometimes need to see things repeated many times to take much notice.
    i think it is best to not see it as a sign, but an opportunity to pray in a different way, but also keep respecting your parents. so explain that people in different religions pray differently and don't talk down your parents to him.
    of course all this depends a lot on how bad is his autism, how much he understands etc.
    i hope, of course you spoke to your FOC or a spiritual advisor about this, we can only give general advice online.
    may God give you peace.
  • I will pray for you and your family especially your brother that God might guide him in the right direction
  • hey guys updated my brother still leaves the room and now my dad has moved his prayers out to the living room cause my brother awlways leaves before he prays the muslim prayers sop i doubt he is upset at something im thinking it could be a sign from god
  • I used to tutor autistic children and being that it is a spectrum disorder some can be high functioning and some very low. If your brother is low functioning autistic it could just be that his ears are very sensitive or there is something about the prayer that bothers him, not necessarily because it is an evil and cancerous prayer to the devil. If on the other hand he is high functioning then yea he must not like islam. but im betting that it has to do with his sensory issues that every autistic suffers from, the lower functioning suffer more from these sensory issues than others.
  • ioannes, what is your profile picture suppose to be.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=8316.msg106980#msg106980 date=1256046330]
    ioannes, what is your profile picture suppose to be.

Oh it is just a picture of me that I photoshopped to make it look like a painting. I like it because it displays my tatoo that is written in Amharic, which means the nature of Christ or in Greek I think it would be "Hypostasis". Is it a weird looking picture?
  • i think an amharic tattoo is sooo cool!

good discussion point too.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=8316.msg106984#msg106984 date=1256058543]
    i think an amharic tattoo is sooo cool!

good discussion point too.

I recently got a tatoo on my right wrist of a coptic cross that I had drawn. I wanted one on my forehead by my wife wouldnt go for it, so I told her to promise me that if we are here when the antichrist comes that she HAS to let me get a cross on my forehead.
  • hahahaha, NICE PICTURE