Sin and punishment

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
There is a certain that i am struggling with. it is hard for me to get away from this sin and i need to stop. i feel like everytime i commit the sin i will be punished. i fear God. after i commit the sin i regret it because i know that it was wrong. when something goes wrong in my life such as bad grades, parents fighting, things that just dont turn out good and cause problems i feel that it is my fault because i commit the sin. i have to live with myself and the pain of knowing its all my fault. the one thing i cannot take is problems and anger and i realize that after the sin its always there. and its all my fault. i dont know what i am supposed to do. how do i deal with this pain? how do i stop the sin? i dont know what i am doing. i pray to God for forgiveness but i havent had a chance to go see my father of confession. i pray with my heart and do matinias and really pray for things to work out, but they dont. please help me. what do i do?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I read the Liturgy book this morning. like went through the oodas. and i still felt the temptation. i pray and ask for help but i still fall. and then everything that goes bad, i blame myself. is it my fault? of course it is. i am being justfully punished.
    When i go to church i find myself ashamed to go see my father of confession..... i dont feel like i am worthy of this. you know?
  • God's purpose for you is your salvation.. 'His desire is that all be saved..' (1 timothy 2:4)
    Always keep that in mind...

'All things work together for good for those who love God' (romans 8:28)

So whatever God allows to happen to you, if you handle it the right way (by loving, thanking and obeying God) then it is going to benefit you...

You are His child, whom He gave His life for, hence it is not His will to torture you and punish you just for the sake of it.. He just wants you to stop this sin, because you are hurting yourself by commiting an act that drives you further from God, and it is in this separation that danger lies... He just wants you to repent and humbly aknowlegde your weakness and ask for His help and He will help you

If it is difficult to believe that, pray: 'Lord, I believe, Help my unbelief'

And if your desire for the sin is too great, pray: 'Lord,  make me hate the sin'

But most importantly as my fellow posters said: Repent, Confess to your Foc and the Holy Spirit will use him to guide you further...

• Thank you so much. this really helped. thank you for all the posts. i really appreciate it. thank you guys 
  • there are ways to keep a friendship with someone
    you need three things

1. Talk (you need to talk to them almost daily)
    2. Apologize if you wrong them, (when you wrong them, you can come back and say sorry)
    3. be thankful (when he/she do something that is beneficial to your materialistic, personal, or spiritual needs, you thank them)

and this is the way you have a relationship and have it stay for a long time... through the friendship you will want to please the other person... and become like them... so lets make this friend God! through your friendship with Him you will want to please Him with your actions because you love Him, and you will start becoming heavenly in your thoughts and actions... so make God your friend

1. Pray to Him
    2. Confess, do matanyas, and repent
    3. thank God all the time at all times for everything

you will by this maintain your friendship... and do this specially within minutes of doing the sin... until you are able to do it instead of the sin!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!