Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Saint Moses the black and strong!
blessed be the name of the Lord...
here is my sacrifice for Saint Moses' feast...

Through his prayers, may God help us all!
also I was wondering if anyone has his tamgeed in English!
nakhod el baraka... neshkor Allah!
here is my sacrifice for Saint Moses' feast...

Through his prayers, may God help us all!
also I was wondering if anyone has his tamgeed in English!
nakhod el baraka... neshkor Allah!


Comments
Thanks and God bless you.
St Moses the Black is a great saint. Actually today is his feast day. He has performed many miracles for people. may his prayers be with us always.
his feast is actually july 1st...
Unworthy 1, i heard sometimes people who see these saints in visions or when they appear, they describe them to someone and an artist draws it..
ya unworthy... ana homar, with all honesty... I just read their story, and tell the saint to guide my hand... and my hands just move the way they want me to portray their story... like for example for saint Onopherious, I forgot to put a well next to the palm tree... saint abu nofer, made sure that I do some more research, and he sent me that piece of information! plus for icons, we write them we don't paint them... as you said it says the story of the saint... and also in the icon, every face is the same, which is the face of Christ! here is an exercise you can make... take an icon of saint Mary, and add a small beard to it... who is it going to be? yes Jesus! but when I paint a picture... i usually try to study the person I'm drawing... and give him the characteristics I think they would have!
and Marina, that is the case sometimes... but not always the case... actually rarely the case, because icons have special rules that have to be met... so a person just have to do a research about the saint, find everything they can about him/her... after that you would know how to go with it... like saint Mina... he was a youth, yet I saw an icon of him with white hair, that with no judging is incorrect! as artists people have to watch out for things like that!
even writing an icon, one has to be fasting... there are prayers that needs/should be said, there are rules when coloring!
pray for me, and ask saint Moses the strong to help me...
akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
This is very beautiful, May God bless your talent and use it for the Glory of His Holy name.
Dear The_Least:
On St. Moses abbey's site you'll find some stories regarding his Life. Here is the link
http://abbey.suscopts.org/about/stmoses.html
I hope this what you're looking for
Plz Pray for me
In Christ
even writing an icon, one has to be fasting... there are prayers that needs/should be said, there are rules when coloring!
could you please share with us what there "rituals" (please don't mind my wording) are? and what are these rules and all that stuff...
thanks