A Personal Issue of a High Schooler

Hi Guys, I am new here and I especially started an account with Tasbeha.org because of a personal situation that I am going through right now and I need much help and prayers.

This is a really long story but I will try to shorten it, keeping all the details.

Well, one day, while waiting for my friends in the lobby of the school, a bunch of guys came up to me-now those bunch of guys consisted of those popular African-Americans, Spiniards and to my suprise, EGYPTIANS from CHURCH, but they stayed at a distance. Anyways, so those bunch of guys come up to me and ask me for my name but I just acted dumb and deaf because they were scary looking. Then one of them tells me "It doesn't matter, all that we know is that our friend likes you". I was taken by suprise because I am not that girl that dates or is popular so, why me?
I just walked away and forgot the incident. But for the next few days, the leader of that gang always tries to say hi to me in the hallway and I ignored him but the last time I coudn't stand it and just sighed in his face. Ever since, he stopped talking to me and I was soooo glad.
A few days after, while waiting for the bell to ring to go to my next class (I was waiting in anoter hall), this guy comes up to me and puts his hand over my shoulder and I think my facial expression said it all-I couldn't believe it--no one is to ever touch me, ever... Turns out he was the guy that liked me in the first place and that I had embarassed him in front of one of his friends.
Now almost all these guys are in my lunch--Well, after that I thought everyone forgot everything and that life was great but the group of guys, including some from MY church, are always snickering at me, pointing at me, laughing, etc.
I started avoiding lunch by going to the library and doing my homework there but sometimes I need to go to the cafeteria.
The point is that I don't want people to think bad of me because of false rumors, gossip, trash talking, especially not people from church.

I became VERY paranoid ever since...

I know I talked a lot but I am confident that someone can help me and give me advice. I need everyone's prayers.

God bless you all,
Your sister in Christ

I want people to know I am different, a sheep in the flock, that the Good Shepherd is sending me out among the wolves and I know that the Good Shepherd will never let a wolf eat me because I am his beloved sheep.

Comments

• Hey Sheep Among Wolves don't be discouraged by the way those few kids are treating you. Rather let it strengthen you, knowing that you're able to stand up against temptations that many especially in our young age cannot avoid. As you said, you're a sheep amongst the wolves, yet the Good Shepherd will not let a wolf eat you, always say that to yourself whenever a similar situation arises. Those kids who point and snicker, try to ignore them and just pray for them for they're lost and confused; brothers and sisters in faith especially should not be hurting one another in any way. Is there anything you can do at lunch to avoid them? Sit at a different table with a group of friends? Sit on the other side with your back to them perhaps? Don't let them dictate how you will act in the school for they have no right to, and you are much stronger than that for you have the Lord with you. Now are they actually spreading around rumors or gossip, or are you afraid they might start to? If they haven't spread any yet, I would not worry, for what would they say? You rejected them? That's good for you, it shows you did nothing wrong and stood up for what you believed in. I'll keep you in my prayers, but please keep us updated on how things go.
  • So He will make them stumble over their own tongue;
          All who see them shall flee away. (Psalm 64:8 )

The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom,
          But the perverse tongue will be cut out. (Proverbs 10:31)

No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
          And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
          You shall condemn. (Isaiah 54:17)

• Hello the_least and SilentOne, thank you so much for your posts.

SilentOne,
    Like I said I became very paranoid ever since but I always see people that I don't know staring at me and talking about me. I tried to convince myself that it was my paranoia and I was just imagining it but the pressure gets worse everyday and I just feel hurt when I think of the possibillities that they could be talking about me--it may not seem like a big deal but I can't describe how much it just really saddens me--I didn't do anything!

And you see, no guy is going to go up to his friends and say-"you know that girl, she rejected me..."
    That's the big reason why I'm scared-he probably told them something like he's now my boyfriend or whatever, if not something even worse...

Thank You and God Bless
  • You shouldn't be worried about what people say about you!
    I know it can be hard to just ignore the thought that someone thinks something bad about you especially if it's not true, but really, from a christian perspective, there is absolutely no point in worrying about that as long as you know you are doing the right thing!

The Bible tells us that the Lord fights for us while we remain silent...

As long as you allow God to work in your life, then He will do what's best for you...
    He allows things to happen to you that will work for good, 'All things work together for good to those who love God'

So I think you should focus on His message to you in Psalm 46:10 'Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth'

Gb
  • [quote author=Sheep Among Wolves link=topic=8025.msg103393#msg103393 date=1242902536]
    Hello the_least and SilentOne, thank you so much for your posts.

SilentOne,
    Like I said I became very paranoid ever since but I always see people that I don't know staring at me and talking about me. I tried to convince myself that it was my paranoia and I was just imagining it but the pressure gets worse everyday and I just feel hurt when I think of the possibillities that they could be talking about me--it may not seem like a big deal but I can't describe how much it just really saddens me--I didn't do anything!

And you see, no guy is going to go up to his friends and say-"you know that girl, she rejected me..."
    That's the big reason why I'm scared-he probably told them something like he's now my boyfriend or whatever, if not something even worse...

Thank You and God Bless

What you just said here reminds me very much of the story of Susanna.
  • when you stand up to pray, the first people you pray for are them, and read the word of God and it will give you strength beyond your imagination

Matthew 5:11-12
    11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Romans 5:3-5
    3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

James 1:2-8
    2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
  • Everyone thank you soooo much for all your help and support ;D

By the way, I never knew about the story of Susanna but I read a synoposis of it and it's a really cool story! Maybe I'll find a Daniel in my life sometime soon ;) haha

Anyways I just wanted to make sure that people think that what I did was the right thing--I love this website because not only are we all Coptic Orthodox but how diverse topics can be. We can talk about anything from faith and dogma to prayer requests and funny stuff. I was just cracking up while reading a post about "funny and embarassing incidents that happened in or relating to church" lol.

THANKS EVERYONE
    God Bless
  • We read the story of Susana every bright Saturday. I'm glad you liked it, it's one of my favorites.

You can read the full story here:
    Daniel 13 (not in the standard Protesant Bible, only in a Catholic Bible or Orthodox):
    http://st-takla.org/pub_Deuterocanon/Deuterocanon-Apocrypha_El-Asfar_El-Kanoneya_El-Tanya__7-Daniel.html#Chapter 13

I'm glad you're feeling better and hope all continues to go well  :) .
  • I had written a letter to God a few days ago about this and everyday I would put it under my bed only to find no answer...but it seems like I have received a reply, even if it is through the internet (does God have a computer?? haha)

Here's what I find while surfing the web for no particular reason:
    And suddenly in the middle of my hopelessness this conversation happened inside me…

I started blaming God with soooooooo many things but as usual he answered me with all love and kindness and this…is what happened between us…

I say: Where are you?????
    He said: “I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.” Isaiah 45:2

I say: Why did you leave me?????

He said: “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands” Isaiah 49:16

I say: Im sooooooo tiredddd

He said: “On the day the Lord gives you relief from suffering and turmoil and cruel bondage” Isaiah 14:3

I say: How much more?

He said: “Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away” Job 11:16

I say: But this is toooooooooooo much

He said: “but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” 1st Corinthians 10:13

I say: I’m going to dieee

He said: “He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.” Job 5:19

I say: Didn’t you promise me??
    He said: “My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.” Psalms 89:34

I say: When will it all end???

He said: “I the Lord will hasten it in his time.” Isaiah 60:22

I say: But its become so complicated!

He said: Is any thing too hard for the Lord? Genesis 18:14

I say: Everything is just sooooo Baddddd

He said: “but the Lord your God turned the curse into a blessing unto you, because the Lord your God loves you.” Deuteronomy 23:5

I say: And what will all the people say??!

He said: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways” Isaiah 55:8

I say: But why all this in the FIRST place??!!?!!

He said: “Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance” James 1:3

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial” James 1:12

I say: And after perseverance?????

He said: “because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him” James 1:12

“Test me in this, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it” Mal. 3:10

“All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord you God” Deuteronomy 27:9

“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten” Joel 2:25

I just want to say I’m sorry for doubting in Your love and ability and Your promises to me…

and I know that You have done all GOODDDD in my life and you will continue to do so

and there is a GOOD reason behind everything you allow me to go through.

Thanks everyone--