Se7r/Witchcraft.

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello everyone :)
I need as much help as I can get from you guys for advice to protect oneself from any sehr or spiritual warfare. Any prayers, specific readings, etc. that you can suggest to me would be amazing. Thank you all so much :)

Comments

• the book of ephesians is useful, particularly ch 6.
    chapters 1-5 tell you a lot about how we should meditate on the grace of God and live a holy life, both of which are vital in the spiritual battle. eg the desert fathers were not overcoming the enemy because of their fine words or how well they memorised the psalms, but through their faith and holy life.
    james 4 and 5 also make a clear link between spiritual warfare and a holy life. james 5 verse 16 -17 tells us the prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective. james gives the example of elijah, who was 'a man just like us'.
    2 corinthians 10 verse 5 gives practical advice in our spiritual warfare 'take every thought captive to Christ'. holiness starts in our thought life.
    ephesians chapter 6 tells us that spiritual warfare is not always about making great advances, but 'after having done all to stand, stand.'

if this all sounds a bit too advanced, and all you want to do is resist some temptation or be able to share your faith in a difficult situation, then follow james 4 verses 7 and 8, 'submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you. draw near to God and He will draw near to you.'
    so first we must say to God 'whatever you ask i will do, even doing that rubbish job or apologising that i shouted at my mum, even though she was wrong etc etc'. then we must actively resist temptation, not hanging outside the bar thinking how lovely that guy/girl looks, not drinking a bottle of wine and then seeing how well we can behave ourselves, not encouraging our friends to gossip etc etc, but be wise to avoid and resist temptation. i heard a sermon on tv from an american channel where the preacher said 'no point trying to do battle with the enemy on sunday, when you just finished sleeping with the enemy on saturday'. i realise this point won't apply to you literally, but i hope you get the point; no point interceding in church when the previous day you were out gossiping with your mates and laughing at bald people in the street etc.
    finally we need to draw near to God. i suppose i don't need to tell you that fighting the enemy is a waste of time if you don't go to church, don't read the Bible and don't pray!

so these are just a few practical tips. what is most important is that you don't go into any battle without the support and prayer of others, esp your spiritual father.
    please let us know if you have any more specific questions, it seems to me that the Bible and the lives of the saints are rich in this kind of advice.

i pray for you, please also pray for me, i really need this kind of prayer too
    :)