help me

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Does anyone know where i can learn about the alhan and when certain hymns are said.

-and also this has been bothering me and i just keep forgetting to ask but, why does abouna sometimes say esheel evlogite, eshleel, or i think i heard him say eshleel evlogiso? ???

Pray for me and my knowledge

Comments

• Well you came to the right website to learn alhan and hymns. Abouna says Eshlyl evlogison when there is another priest serving with him asking for his blessings and eshlyl evlogite for more than one priest.
  • i dont want to learn the hymns....i want to learn ABOUT them :o
  • If you go to copticheritage.org they have a rites encyclopedia, and coptichymns.net has articles on the history of some hymns, but how reliable those articles are as sources i'm not sure.
  • [quote author=deaconmark123 link=topic=7602.msg99863#msg99863 date=1233259722]
    i dont want to learn the hymns....i want to learn ABOUT them :o

or you can just ask  ΙΙδιακον, he's pretty much an alhan genius...
  • [quote author=ΙΙδιακον link=topic=7602.msg99813#msg99813 date=1233181551]
    Well you came to the right website to learn alhan and hymns. Abouna says Eshlyl evlogison when there is another priest serving with him asking for his blessings and eshlyl evlogite for more than one priest.

i dont quite understand if he says eshlyl evlogison when there is another preist and eshlyl evlogite for MORE THAN ONE priest that means that eshlyl evlogison is only when there is 2?
  • yeah thats right, eshyl evlogison is for only another priest serving with one. While eshlyl evlogite is for more than one priest serving besides the priest saying that. If that makes sense, evlogite and evlogison refer to the "conjugation" for a lack of a better word to show that he asking more than one priest to bless.