im in trouble

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
i am 15 and i really need to learn my alhan, but i know it by repetition in chruch but i need to know what i should know at my age. I am just scared that i grow older and i never have time, and that i wouln't learn anything. all i am asking for is a basic and breif explanation of what i should know at my age about our religeon, and the hymns. if any of you have websites, etc... plz send me them

Pray for me and pray for our bretheren in egypt, and thank god for life, and thank him for everything before you ask. God Be With You All

Comments

• There is no set curriculum at what you should know. Singing hymns is a means of praising God. Take your time there is no rush and you can always learn. As long as you are singing with your heart and you UNDERSTAND what you are chanting then it will be accepted by God even if you only know 1 hymn. Its not the amount but the quality. Do your best and learn the hymns at your own pace. There is of course this website, there is www.coptichymns.net as well as www.copticheritage.org , www.alhan.org as well as many others i'm sure.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • thanks alot  ;D

if any one else still has somthing to say feel free i am always open to new comments to learn

Pray for me and for all our bretheren and sisters in egypt who are facing death for christ

GBWU
  • THIS VERY WEBSITE
  • [coptic]Diakwn Markoc pamenrit>
    ]]nom] harok qen oumoun `ntekerhytc ]ermeletyn `nnihwc hiten pi`ptyrf `mpekhyt hina oucyou nacini an qarok `knyou sa oucyou `nte pitajro `nte pihyt nem pinouc[/coptic]
    I encourage you always to start learning the hymns from all your heart so time won't pass you by and you reach to a time of solidarity of the heart and the mind
    [coptic]Miok ouoh jemnom] qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
    Well done and be strong in the Lord
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • no i dont think u get it, like im asking what should a deacon know by now at age 15 or 14
  • deaconmark123,

Do you feel you are doing your best to praise God and learn and follow His laws?

George
  • [coptic]Diakwn Markoc pamenrit>
    `k`cse [icbw oupetek`s[icbw - `mpe ouon `noukanwn e;be painoj[/coptic]
    You should learn what you can learn - there is no standard for that age
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • learn what you need to know if you are doing a liturgy by yourself with a priest, including the altar responses.
  • [quote author=GArgiriadis link=topic=7421.msg98241#msg98241 date=1229099870]
    deaconmark123,

Do you feel you are doing your best to praise God and learn and follow His laws?

George

well thats the point im sort of working on my faith, and trying to find ways to strengthen it and believe, but i cant its hard. So right now i dont know if im following his laws because i still have yet to understand them.
  • agreed with copticpharoah

+mahraeel+