Long Palm Sunday Psalm 150 Beginning

Hey guys,

I heard that there was a long intro to Psalm 150 for Palm Sunday; longer than the usual shanini tune said on Palm Sunday. I was wondering if this was true? If it was, can someone send me the audio for it? Thanks a lot.

Also, can someone send the audio for the last two parts for tenen?

Comments

• [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=7380.msg97709#msg97709 date=1227943013]
    Hey guys,

I heard that there was a long intro to Psalm 150 for Palm Sunday; longer than the usual shanini tune said on Palm Sunday. I was wondering if this was true? If it was, can someone send me the audio for it? Thanks a lot.

Also, can someone send the audio for the last two parts for tenen?

yes there is. Ibrahim Ayad records it on his palm sunday rite of hymns. before anyone disagrees, it's like the sha'nini sherat. same to the long-short psalm 150 intro he recorded for the Resurrection.

and the 3rd and 4th parts of tenen are recorded in the HICS recordings for bright saturday here in the site.
  • hey, thanks a lot.

i was wondering where i can get a copy of the hymns rites for ibrahim ayad. Thanks again.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=7380.msg97744#msg97744 date=1228008542]
    hey, thanks a lot.

i was wondering where i can get a copy of the hymns rites for ibrahim ayad. Thanks again.

wel those are on tapes, best chance is egypt. other then that, maybe admins will upload on site around palm sunday.
  • so going by the same logic that the long psalm 150 intro has the same tune as the sherat for that season (e.g. resurrection 150 long intro has the same tune as the sherat for resurrection and likewise for palm sunday); does that mean that psalm 150 has a long intro with the same tune as the great fast sherat for weekends?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=7380.msg97746#msg97746 date=1228018233]
    so going by the same logic that the long psalm 150 intro has the same tune as the sherat for that season (e.g. resurrection 150 long intro has the same tune as the sherat for resurrection and likewise for palm sunday); does that mean that psalm 150 has a long intro with the same tune as the great fast sherat for weekends?

nope. becuase that have it's own tune already. Ibrahim Ayad have a source, he didn't make this up as all might think. i forgot who was it, but it might be m Tawfik.
    also Lent is different. it have 2 different rites for weekends and weekdays.
  • [coptic]Myna>
    `pcaq Iprahym ouontaf `nouref];ws e;be paihwc alla pilogicmoc swpi hi`pho `mpefmoust je pi'almoc `nrasi ie `n`ctavroc efnyou `nca ni,ere e;be pimoust etak]lwiji ete vai pe nike'almoc eunyou an ni,ere[/coptic]
    Cantor Ibrahim has a source for that hymn but the logic contradicts his point that the joyful Psalm or the Cross Psalm follows the shere's for the very point you proved which is the other psalms don't follow the shere's
    [coptic]]emi je anok ounanef pe qen nihwc alla ][icbw ebolhiten pijin]hyt ouoh ai]hyt je oun ouon `nou'almoc `nrasi vyetouot eouon `nte `pcaq Iprahym[/coptic]
    I know I am not excellent in hymns but I am learning through observation and I noticed that there is a joyful psalm which is different to the one of cantor Ibrahim
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7380.msg97760#msg97760 date=1228069147]
    [coptic]Myna>
    `pcaq Iprahym ouontaf `nouref];ws e;be paihwc alla pilogicmoc swpi hi`pho `mpefmoust je pi'almoc `nrasi ie `n`ctavroc efnyou `nca ni,ere e;be pimoust etak]lwiji ete vai pe nike'almoc eunyou an ni,ere[/coptic]
    Cantor Ibrahim has a source for that hymn but the logic contradicts his point that the joyful Psalm or the Cross Psalm follows the shere's for the very point you proved which is the other psalms don't follow the shere's
    [coptic]]emi je anok ounanef pe qen nihwc alla ][icbw ebolhiten pijin]hyt ouoh ai]hyt je oun ouon `nou'almoc `nrasi vyetouot eouon `nte `pcaq Iprahym[/coptic]
    I know I am not excellent in hymns but I am learning through observation and I noticed that there is a joyful psalm which is different to the one of cantor Ibrahim

hmmm...i'd like to hear it. no where i have heard this, no written source either.

i wouldn't use this as a reason thoo to not accept this. the festive version, the Resurrection recording he have is a shorter version then the REAL LONG Psalm 150 intro. you can here that version in the rite of Pantecost in HICS set by Fr. Mettias Nasr. But again, if he have a source, then what's wrong with it. I havn't only heard this from Ibrahim Ayad himself, but also other canters that normally, DO NOT agree with Ibrahim Ayad. which to me is surprising, but i guess they are true people who follow the truth rather then their ego.
  • [coptic]Myna pamenrit>
    `ksamjoc je hankecaq ]ma] nemaf `nje `pcaq Iprahym ny `mpau]ma] nemaf `ncyou niben `n]joc je ];wtc nemak ]nou[/coptic]
    If you say that other cantors agree with him meaning cantor Ibrahim who do not agree with him always then I say that I was persuaded by you now
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7380.msg97879#msg97879 date=1228246866]
    [coptic]Myna pamenrit>
    `ksamjoc je hankecaq ]ma] nemaf `nje `pcaq Iprahym ny `mpau]ma] nemaf `ncyou niben `n]joc je ];wtc nemak ]nou[/coptic]
    If you say that other cantors agree with him meaning cantor Ibrahim who do not agree with him always then I say that I was persuaded by you now

well great. it's just doesn't make since to fully disagree with a person with out speaking to him....soo....