The nation Israel

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church

I am not a Coptic but I would like to know more

one of my questions is what does the Coptic church say about the nation Israel from the churches that I come from mainly the Protestant there are two views one says the “Church” replaced Israel as Gods chosen people and the other says that Israel and the Church are separate

being Israels 60th Birthday I thought this would be a good question to ask and it is my first :)

thank you for your input :)

where I am from we say “Walk with the king today and be a blessing” (this is a quote from Dr. Bob Cook a radio preacher)

NESS<><

Comments

• [quote author=NESS55 link=topic=7267.msg96326#msg96326 date=1225069278]

I am not a Coptic but I would like to know more

one of my questions is what does the Coptic church say about the nation Israel from the churches that I come from mainly the Protestant there are two views one says the “Church” replaced Israel as Gods chosen people and the other says that Israel and the Church are separate

being Israels 60th Birthday I thought this would be a good question to ask and it is my first :)

thank you for your input :)

where I am from we say “Walk with the king today and be a blessing” (this is a quote from Dr. Bob Cook a radio preacher)

NESS<><

Well, in my personal understanding that anyone can disagree with, the two statements are just not fully right….let me explain myself.

First let’s refer to the “nation Israel” to be the “choose people of God” not the political, country nation. Because God wants people to love Him and praise Him from their heart, as we say in our Midnight Praises “He made man, in His image, and His likeness, that he may praise Him.”

To say that the Church, Christianity, replaced that nation Israel is to say that the Church replaced the God and the Holy Scripture of that God. Saying that is FULLY wrong even though some specific churches DENY some of the Old Testament.

Very similarly, to say that they are 2 fully separate beliefs is also wrong. Why?! Easily to understand, if this was so, why has Jesus, the Messiah of the Old Testament, have come and fulfilled all of the Jewish rites and ways of living, being a full human & a full God. This summarizes other concepts that I would of used to prove this.

Now this is what I think, the Church is the continuation of the nation Israel, being the chosen people of God. In the book of Daniel (not supported by many Jews, please correct me if am wrong), in chapter 9, verses 24-27, the Holy Spirit on the tongue of Daniel shows him in a revelation what will happen and the perfection of the plan of salvation, not only for Jews for the world:

"Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy. "Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times. "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined. Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

These verses took MANY, MANY studies to just deny that this is a clear revelation to the plan of salvation. If you would like to study more about this and how I am using this to prove my point of view, I would recommend you get this book, The God of Daniel: A Biblical Commentary on the Book of Daniel, By Hegumen Abraam D. Sleman. SO clear and helpful.

Now the reason for this huge introduction of mine is the phrase I underlined above in the verses; "Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;" the word “many” is my concentration point. Jews are always, even in the Holy Bible referred to as the minority. But here, when understand the 4 verses in their true meaning and interpretation, this refers to how God brings His many mercies (i.e. Salvation) to the many, referring to the Gentiles. In all the prophecies, it was never written that God will destroy Jews and bring others to be His people or to raise another nation to be His. But He always opened His mercies upon them and the many others.
  • [quote author=NESS55 link=topic=7267.msg96326#msg96326 date=1225069278]
    where I am from we say &#147;Walk with the king today and be a blessing&#148; (this is a quote from Dr. Bob Cook a radio preacher)

NESS<><

^^i Lyke that=)  Great quote

+mahraeel+