Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Intercession of the Theotokos
Is this prayer supposed to be said during the Prayer of Compline? I know it is for sure read during Prime but some Agpeyas say Yes and others no.
PK
PK

Comments
Is this prayer supposed to be said during the Prayer of Compline? I know it is for sure read during Prime but some Agpeyas say Yes and others no.
PK
yes...after "Graciously O Lord..." cuz after that you go into the Creed, the Kerie Leisons, holy, then the exposition of the hour.
[quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=7252.msg96169#msg96169 date=1224728069]
Is this prayer supposed to be said during the Prayer of Compline? I know it is for sure read during Prime but some Agpeyas say Yes and others no.
PK
yes...after "Graciously O Lord..." cuz after that you go into the Creed, the Kerie Leisons, holy, then the exposition of the hour.
And just to clarify, I am not talking about the Introduction to the Creed. Just making sure were on the same page.
PK
[quote author=minagir link=topic=7252.msg96170#msg96170 date=1224728162]
[quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=7252.msg96169#msg96169 date=1224728069]
Is this prayer supposed to be said during the Prayer of Compline? I know it is for sure read during Prime but some Agpeyas say Yes and others no.
PK
yes...after "Graciously O Lord..." cuz after that you go into the Creed, the Kerie Leisons, holy, then the exposition of the hour.
And just to clarify, I am not talking about the Introduction to the Creed. Just making sure were on the same page.
PK
oh, you are talking about "Hail to you O Virgin....well actually yes. You say it after "Graciously O Lord..." (before the intro to the Creed, forgive me forgeting it before)...
in matins prayer, you say it afte "Let us praise with the angels..." it's like in raising of incense.....we say it before the doxologies; but not much ppl pay attention because it's sung in coptic to.
PK