fantasizing

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys.. i jsut realized that im a BIG fantasizer... i was jsut wondering..is it wrong too fantasize rather than focus on the reality of here and now?....

Comments

• as Professor Dumbledore said in Harry Potter part 1:
    It's wrong to live in a fantasy and forget to live

the source is not really credible but there's a point to it lol ;)
  • In the long run you wont gain much by it, and some people can actually fall into a state of mental illness...they live in a fantasy world,not knowing what's real and what's not.I use to fantasize when I was younger about being a "rock star" or a" great warrior king"...lol...It did'nt seem to help me much ,did it...lol...Seriously though,a little fantasizing{if its about good things}never hurt anybody.Imagination is a wonderful gift from God,but we all need to learn how to use it productively.I would suggest you get interested in reading fictional works of literature{if your not already}and let your imagination soar.Thats the best and most productive kind of fantasizing there is...lol
  • i understand where u guys are going..but like..when your upset/hurt or you feel like you dont want to live in reality.. is it wrong to just daze out for a little and fantasize bout what could/would/ happen?... you know..jsut a little imagination like jfranklin said..
  • hey some fantsasies come true

i fantasize a lot to

the more you dream the more you be, that what i always think.
  • i would only start to worry if you notice it's interfering with your daily activities. for example, if your grades are starting to drop because of it, if your friends are noticing a change in you, if you're not paying attention to your responsibilities etc. otherwise, it's your mind's mechanism to dealing with pain: you have to have either a release for pain, or an escape to help you cope. it's a coping mechanism, and everyone, to a greater or lesser degree, experiences this when they're dealing with tough times. like i said, this is normal, however if you're noticing that it's becoming all you do and you're not functioning normally, i would definately encourage you to talk to someone you trust. your parents, or a counsellor at school. that's what they're there for. but if it's not that often, then don't worry. our imaginations are a gift from God (like jfranklin said), and in His wisdom He designed it so that they can help us through tough times!
    God bless you!
  • helani- i know.. im not saying i live in an imaginary world..its jsut a coping mechanism liek uy said.. coptic avenger- i LOVE the way you think.. lol
  • hey guys :D

Personally, i tend to fantasize a lot. I sooo totally 110% agree with coptic_avenger, theres nothing wrong with having ur head in the clouds if the rest of ur body is in reality. Sometimes there's too much bad things going on and the only way to breathe is to fantasize not so much that u need ppl to pull u every 3sec and give u a reality check, then ur just going crazy :-\ I think that as long as ur fantasizing doesnt get u to complain about wut u have or makes u lust for something and question Gods will , then theres nothing wrong....i could fantasize about being a green poka dotted elephant, its not gonna happen and although it doesnt benefit u really, sometimes its just there to expand ur imagination and give u a wider screen of life and helps u become more open-minded....so yeahh, i dont think there's anything wrong with it, just dont abuse the privelage ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • lol... way to go magnoona4lyf-oculdnt have put it better myself ( i was trying to figure out how to say it.... my jobs been done for me)... thankss ;)
  • i don't think fantasizing is wrong or anything, but if u don't face reality, u can end up hurting yourself mentally and emotionally.
  • But you know, there are fantasies that come true so that they are no longer fantasies but rather life.

I personally don't believe that there's anything wrong with it because it doesn't go against anything in the bible or in the commandments, so what could happen?

sleepy
  • hey
    i think if u fantasize about somehting and you work hard for it to come true or like keep on fantasizing about it to build it up in yuor head and even plan it in real life.. and if this thign does not come true or as if it doesnt turn out as you expected, you can get hurt in the end.. thats why i think u shoudl always keep your reality in check.. for example, if your fantasizing involves someone else.. then talk to them and see where they stand so your not goin the wrogn way.. always always talk to someoen you trust alot about stuff liek that.. just so u dont end up hurting.

GB

• Well behind every big step there's a big dream..
  • ya, but always make sure your dream agrees with reality.. that it's possible...

what is DREAM and what is REALITY?

GB
  • i guess a dream is something that u want, and reality is what ends up happening
  • so what happens when you take matters into your hands wo brign about that dream... like if you go about the wrogn way, then definitely, you should stop! and if it's the wrogn way then you know your dream cant be fit for a christian person.. liek yourself.. and does not fit your moral and valued standards...
    thats why its best to talk to ur FOC and parents often times and to talk to God and even with yourself believe it or not..
    Goodluck all.

GB