????

I read this of an ORTHODOX website... I thought Mary had sins just like us??

he Assumption (Dormition) of the Mother of God
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Orthodox church, Mary, being the Mother of God, is very important. Mary was the first Christian, as she whole-heartedly accepted God's mission for her. The name of our church, the Assumption, or Dormition (falling asleep in the Lord), of Mary, is significant because the Assumption of Mary into Heaven shows us that she was sinless. While not free from immaculate conception as she was of the lineage of David, Mary had no sin her whole life. Really, how could God be born of a woman with sin? Mary's pure body was the vessel through which Christ our Lord entered the world through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Comments

• [quote author=Meena_Ameen link=topic=7043.msg93786#msg93786 date=1218654798]
    I read this of an ORTHODOX website... I thought Mary had sins just like us??

he Assumption (Dormition) of the Mother of God
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the Orthodox church, Mary, being the Mother of God, is very important. Mary was the first Christian, as she whole-heartedly accepted God's mission for her. The name of our church, the Assumption, or Dormition (falling asleep in the Lord), of Mary, is significant because the Assumption of Mary into Heaven shows us that she was sinless. While not free from immaculate conception as she was of the lineage of David, Mary had no sin her whole life. Really, how could God be born of a woman with sin? Mary's pure body was the vessel through which Christ our Lord entered the world through the power of the Holy Spirit.

i dono which site you got this from, but it's confusing.

We don't belive in immaculate conception for St. Mary. Other then that, we believe that she became sinless when the Holy Spirit overshadewed her, making her worthy enough for Christ.