Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
English western spiritual songs!!!
if anyone can please help me! I need western christian songs about the prodigal living, to being in the right path again!!! I already have a few, but I would like to have a wider selection!
thank you!
thank you!


Comments
Check out these songs:
Prodigal - Casting Crowns
Praise You in this Storm - Casting Crowns
and while you're at it try this one out too. It's not specifically about redemption but it's just
awesome!
I Am - Mark Schultz
PFM
why don't we take this in a different direction, and just share the spiritual western songs we all like!
Mercyme- here am I
casting crowns - does anybody hear her... very good song for most of the females, even though very beneficial for guys!
the artists are:
-Casting crowns
-Krystal Myers
-Lecrae
-sanctus real
-116 Clique
-jermey camp
-Kirk franklins ( he sung oh happy days ;D)
-Ruth
-relient K
-jars of clay
-Da truth
-FLAME
-Hawk nelson
-sho baraka
-tedashii
-Chris Tomlin
and thats all i have guys and girls please add more its good to hear more
and by the wayim a teenager in Australia and i came across a priest name Father Anthony Messeh and in my personal opnion, his sermons are awsome.
All the best in life guy :)
[glow=red,2,300]Matthew West [/glow]
1.Only Grace
2.When God Whispers Your Name
3.You are Everything
4.You Know Where to Find Me
5.More
[glow=red,2,300]MercyMe[/glow]
1.Joseph's Lullaby
[glow=red,2,300]Casting Crowns[/glow]
1.My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives
2.She Talks to Angels
3.Who Am I
4.Holy is the Lamb
5.What if His People Prayed
6.We Worship You
7.Open the Eyes of My Heart
8.Praise You in this Storm
9.Prayer for a Friend
10.Set Me Free
11.Love Them Like Jesus
12.Lifesong
13.Glory
14.Fear
15.Does Anybody Hear Her
16.Somewhere in the Middle
17.I Know My Redeemer Lives
18.Father,Spirit,Jesus
19.Your Love is Extravegant
20.Beautiful Savior
21.East To West
22.Blinded Eyes
23.Here I Go Again
24.His Kingdom
25.I Am Yours
26.I Can Only Imagine
27.If We Are The Body
28.In Me
29.So Mush More
30.Stained Glass Masquerade
31.Voice of Truth
32.While You Were Sleeping
33.The Alter and The Door
[glow=red,2,300]Chris Tomlin[/glow]
1.How Great is Our God
2.Here I Am to Worship
[glow=red,2,300]Aaron Shust[/glow]
1.Give Me Words to Speak
2.Give it All Away
3.In Your Name
4.More Wonderful
[glow=red,2,300]Tim Hughes[/glow]
1.Lord Reign in Me
[glow=red,2,300]Lifehouse[/glow]
1.Everything
You can download heaps of his sermons at:
www.orthodoxsermons.com
Check out Set Free from Abouna Anthony, its a 5-part series but very, very good.
PS: I'm also a teen in Australia lol, Whereabouts r u?
I know there is an increasing number of youth that are listening to western spiritual songs. But some of these are very different to the to our traditional youth meeting spiritual songs.
The question I pose is:
Is it acceptable for a coptic church to produce western spiritual songs in a church band?
Hey Guys,
I know there is an increasing number of youth that are listening to western spiritual songs. But some of these are very different to the to our traditional youth meeting spiritual songs.
The question I pose is:
Is it acceptable for a coptic church to produce western spiritual songs in a church band?
I think that depends on the lyrics, if the lyrics are ok, why not? (Forgive me, it's only my opinion)
[quote author=billious link=topic=6949.msg94224#msg94224 date=1220880075]
Hey Guys,
I know there is an increasing number of youth that are listening to western spiritual songs. But some of these are very different to the to our traditional youth meeting spiritual songs.
The question I pose is:
Is it acceptable for a coptic church to produce western spiritual songs in a church band?
I think that depends on the lyrics, if the lyrics are ok, why not? (Forgive me, it's only my opinion)
Yes. the biggest factor is the lyrics.
But also somthing else that is very important is the music of the songs. you can't go and tune a song, that have perfect lyrics, on a rock song or rap. there are many types of music that are just not for church...
[quote author=Dutch-Copt (roberto123) link=topic=6949.msg94226#msg94226 date=1220880880]
[quote author=billious link=topic=6949.msg94224#msg94224 date=1220880075]
Yes. the biggest factor is the lyrics.
But also somthing else that is very important is the music of the songs. you can't go and tune a song, that have perfect lyrics, on a rock song or rap. there are many types of music that are just not for church...
I agree, you can't use heavy metal or rap in church, but there are people who don't even agree with a flute, let alone drums.
And some things can be appropriate outside of church, but not be suitable for use inside the church. But now i change the subject. Now it's a question of what's appropriate for spiritual songs outside church, and what's appropriate in church.
And please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just braining a bit on the subject. I get a bit carried away sometimes :)
The question I pose is:
Is it acceptable for a coptic church to produce western spiritual songs in a church band?
Funny you should bring that up now because my church just started a band. They are very, very talented and I think its a great idea, but its already met with some criticism. Our priest has a blog which he updates regularly and has used it to answer some of the objections people had. Here it is if you're interested:
http://www.stbishoy.org.au/modules/wordpress/
(The relevant posts are Musical Mayhem Parts 1,2 and 3)
God bless!
[quote author=billious link=topic=6949.msg94224#msg94224 date=1220880075]
http://www.stbishoy.org.au/modules/wordpress/
(The relevant posts are Musical Mayhem Parts 1,2 and 3)
Thank you greatly "epchois_nai_nan" for the Insightful blogs by abouna.