ATM

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I find that a lot of non orthodox churches now have ATM machines INSIDE the church, plus the "altar" is just a stage in which anyone can stand on, with shoes, even instruments like the drums or piano.

My first question is, even though it is good to give money to the church, is it trully necessary to go as far as installing an atm machine in the church? Isnt that disrespectful?

My second question is, when you go to non orthodox churches you find that the "altar" is just stage, with no table like we have, my question is what exactly is the altar biblically speaking?

Comments

• there is a chapter on the discription of the Altar in Exodus...
  • [quote author=Meena_Ameen link=topic=6900.msg92430#msg92430 date=1215499126]
    I find that a lot of non orthodox churches now have ATM machines INSIDE the church, plus the "altar" is just a stage in which anyone can stand on, with shoes, even instruments like the drums or piano.

My first question is, even though it is good to give money to the church, is it trully necessary to go as far as installing an atm machine in the church? Isnt that disrespectful?

My second question is, when you go to non orthodox churches you find that the "altar" is just stage, with no table like we have, my question is what exactly is the altar biblically speaking?

the altar is a table what there is somthing diffrent.....it's is for a sacrifice. our churches altars are either fully consecrated or scntified throught a "Holy Tablet" which is just a tablet that is consecrated with the mayron and when it's put on a normal table, it scntifies it and makes the place around the santuray.

about the ATMs, that's just weirdddd....i have never seen or heard about this.
  • tht really funny. never have i heard tht in modern day "churches" (supposedly called one), that ATM have been placed INSIDE the church. my personal opinion is tht it's very direspectful. Remebering from the Lord Jesus Christ's who kicked out the people whho sold and biughtin the temple, saying, My house is a house of prayer but you have made it into a den of thieves. Rabenna Yoster. Whats next in those decieving churches?

pray for my weakness,

Coptic youth
  • i remember the first time i seen it, it was at a non denominational church, I couldnt believe what I saw. And i was thinking the same thing Coptic youth said. It truly is disrespectful. I really hope we (coptic orthodox Church) NEVER does anything like that
  • it wont happen in the coptic orthodox church, im sure of tht. we are a conservative not a modern or a progressive church i.e. church of Emgland (women bishops!!)

pray for my weakness,

coptic Youth