Confession Protocol

2»

Comments

• lol Vas, it is not right for a newly-ordained priest to question a Bishop... now go and do a metonia (actually don't, we are in the Holy 50)

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6693.msg89781#msg89781 date=1212949623]
    lol Vas, it is not right for a newly-ordained priest to question a Bishop... now go and do a metonia (actually don't, we are in the Holy 50)

pray for me

joe

habibi, I'm recommending his advice.
    Do whichever u chose. However u confess, its not important, the main thing is to confess.

What I wish to say is that if you look at the life of the thief on the cross. He was baptised with Christ. He believed, and he confessed his sins.

What was the confession?

He summarised his entire immoral life saying that he deserved his punishment. What a confession!!

Is this not a prime example of how God is seeking (actively seeking) your salvation? Ya3ni.. Christ didn't wait until he said "When I was 10, i stole from my dad, when I was 11, I stole from my mom, when  i was 12, I stole from my school mates, when I was 13, I stole from my grandparents... etc.."

But to hide something, to know you've done something wrong, and not to say it.. and keep it secret in your heart, its a huge shame, and a sin also. The idea is that u must confess all your sins.

The thief on the cross said that he deserves his punishment. It means he is confessing and regretting his sins. This is great. Once u regret your sins, and u want to be absolved for them, go and confess. If u draw the sign of the cross before or after abouna does, its not the MAIN THING.. the main thing is that you do confess and receive absolution.
  • thank you all for helping out and posting..
    I had originally just wanted to know the technical side of confession as in which words do you use when you ask for absolvence and whether you need to ask for it at all (maybe it's given automatically..) but I still found all your extra advice very useful

Thanks
    God Bless