glowing

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hey everyone, i just hear about this monk named fannous i think, whos still alive now, and basically he wears gloves to cover his hands because they GLOW. and both his eyes have crosses in the center. The story i heard about him was that he use to always clean the washrooms in the monastaries because the tourists always made a really very bad mess. And than one time some lady saw him cleaning the washroom and said  that she would not take communion from him anymore because he cleans up the dirtiest washroom and than gives communion to people. So God showed everyone how Holy he is by making his hands not only clean but GLOW like light, and also put 2 crosses in his eyes.

I dont know if my sources were very accurate but they said he is still in the monataries but rarely comes out, but apparently he does sometimes very late like 1 am and does take off his gloves so people can see his hands.

If anyone has any more info on him i would LOVE to know about him, and if possible any pictures. I know thats very rare to find pics of him but if anyone happends to have any please share. Thanks

God Bless

Comments

• [quote author=Meena_Ameen link=topic=6664.msg89083#msg89083 date=1212348393]
    Hey everyone, i just hear about this monk named fannous i think, whos still alive now, and basically he wears gloves to cover his hands because they GLOW. and both his eyes have crosses in the center. The story i heard about him was that he use to always clean the washrooms in the monastaries because the tourists always made a really very bad mess. And than one time some lady saw him cleaning the washroom and said  that she would not take communion from him anymore because he cleans up the dirtiest washroom and than gives communion to people. So God showed everyone how Holy he is by making his hands not only clean but GLOW like light, and also put 2 crosses in his eyes.

I dont know if my sources were very accurate but they said he is still in the monataries but rarely comes out, but apparently he does sometimes very late like 1 am and does take off his gloves so people can see his hands.

If anyone has any more info on him i would LOVE to know about him, and if possible any pictures. I know thats very rare to find pics of him but if anyone happends to have any please share. Thanks

God Bless

Is that monk from Shoubra?
    It seems the typical, run of the mill stuff going on in Shoubra.
    If u get any links, let me have a look. Thanks
  • there is already a Topic about Him: the name of the topic is:            Abouna Fanous 
    the link: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=6433.0
  • oh thanks alot coptic pharoah!!
  • My pleasure.... people helped me, so i have to help too