Adel Imam Movie

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi,
Has anyone here seen the latest Adel Imam movie (Hassan and Morcoss)?
Do u know where I can download it from??

Comments

• it's not done yet....is it?
  • The movie is slated to be released soon..on a different note, was the great Omar sheriff an Orthodox or a protestant christian before he embraced Islam?
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6651.msg88823#msg88823 date=1212017889]
    it's not done yet....is it?
    The movie trailer is already out.
  • Thx Tishori, I appreciate it.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6651.msg88827#msg88827 date=1212018859]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6651.msg88823#msg88823 date=1212017889]
    it's not done yet....is it?
    The movie trailer is already out.

where? i wanna see
  • i didn't think it was out yet!
    someone plz share the site where we can watch it :)

bentBABAyasooa`
  • no problemo!

Ok sorry can someone fill me in what is this movie about and is it related to Christianity? I'm guessing so since there is a Morcos in the title.
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6651.msg88832#msg88832 date=1212019919]
    no problemo!

Ok sorry can someone fill me in what is this movie about and is it related to Christianity? I'm guessing so since there is a Morcos in the title.

From what i've seen of the trailer, it appears this movie will make a lot of waves.

Its about a Christian who pretends to be a muslim and a muslim who pretends to be a christian.
  • w8 i dont understand lol u menn adel imam as in teh muslim comedian actor. 

n hes gonna act christian?
    lol plzzs send us a link  thxxx sryy for confusion

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in christ
  • first, i WANT TO SEE THAT TRAILER

second, [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=6651.msg88841#msg88841 date=1212022982]
    w8 i dont understand lol u menn adel imam as in teh muslim comedian actor. 

Adel Imam is a great acter. he does comedy movies that challenge contemprary issues of our world....he had many movies attcking muslims, and did many that included christians. so now he's attcking a great problem that is going on in egypt...attcking both religions.

btw, he, as a person, HATES when ppl attck other's beliefes; refering to what goes on the media and many things that are included with that. he doesn't take one side, even thoo he is muslim, he treates a person, a human-being, as he is, not as what he believes in. of course this is a general view which most of us here can argue against that......but it is acceptable.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6651.msg88860#msg88860 date=1212032352]
    first, i WANT TO SEE THAT TRAILER

second, [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=6651.msg88841#msg88841 date=1212022982]
    w8 i dont understand lol u menn adel imam as in teh muslim comedian actor. 

Adel Imam is a great acter. he does comedy movies that challenge contemprary issues of our world....he had many movies attcking muslims, and did many that included christians. so now he's attcking a great problem that is going on in egypt...attcking both religions.

btw, he, as a person, HATES when ppl attck other's beliefes; refering to what goes on the media and many things that are included with that. he doesn't take one side, even thoo he is muslim, he treates a person, a human-being, as he is, not as what he believes in. of course this is a general view which most of us here can argue against that......but it is acceptable.

From what i've seen and heard, this movie will do more good than harm for our Coptic Church. lol

U want the trailer?? Its VERY confusing to get the trailer man.. also, u are from mansoura, so it may take longer.

Is there anyone from Shoubra u know that has access to the internet that could help u? lol

OK.. just kidding..

But it is really confusing.. (no kidding here!).

I downloaded it, and I'll upload it somewhere for u. U'll really enjoy this.

• Mina,

WHatever the Coptic Christian will say about Islam, IS NOTHING compared to what they say about us (in the trailer). Heck, even in real life.

We never say anything bad about them. On the contrary, we love them.  In fact we are taught to love them in our Bible very much.

Having said that, the trailer starts with an Imam preaching:

He says:

"If a muslim worker enters the house of a Christian, then ALL the Christian's money and income are "HARAM" (lol) (i.e loot for them to take from us)".

I cannot believe, until now, that he had the courage to actually make this into a movie.

To be honest with u, we can only end up looking good in this movie.
  • [quote author=Fed up link=topic=6651.msg88867#msg88867 date=1212048736]
    http://www.matigi.tv/action/viewvideo/210/Hasan_And_Marcos_Teaser/
    Hi,
    That's such a good trailer.. its much longer than the one I downloaded.
    Are you from SHoubra?
  • Dear all,
    This is a complete farce. Please don't waste your time to watch someone who acts as a priest and in order to protect himself and his family (or maybe even the church) pretends to be a muslim. This is what Christianity clearly denounces. Please, that guy has gone mad really, and I said it in another thread before; since his daughter got married to one terrorism activist's son, and he hasn't been the same again. May the Lord have mercy on us all.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6651.msg88875#msg88875 date=1212062224]
    Dear all,
    This is a complete farce. Please don't waste your time to watch someone who acts as a priest and in order to protect himself and his family (or maybe even the church) pretends to be a muslim. This is what Christianity clearly denounces. Please, that guy has gone mad really, and I said it in another thread before; since his daughter got married to one terrorism activist's son, and he hasn't been the same again. May the Lord have mercy on us all.

Hi Ophadece,

I really respect your opinion on this. However, let's wait until we see the movie? I know that pretending to be a priest isnt something good, but its "just a movie" - the main thing is this that I'm happy about:

Whatever mockery there is about our faith, what they will show from the Islamic side will be quite beneficial.

Adel Imam's films are well known throughout the entire North African world. People will know how the Quran incites hatred against us.

The Pope allowed for the filming of this to take place. If he himself does not condone this movie, then yes- in that case, I will refrain from seeing it.

For the life of me, I cannot yet believe a movie was made that highlights the hatred Islam has against Christians. Its remarkable.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6651.msg88871#msg88871 date=1212056663]
    Are you from SHoubra?

Now Vas, theres no need for that... my dad and my grandparents are from Shoubra.... and my grandad is a prisest there..  :P no insults to shoubra please

Ta7ya Shobra!!  ;D

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6651.msg88877#msg88877 date=1212069121]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6651.msg88871#msg88871 date=1212056663]
    Are you from SHoubra?

Now Vas, theres no need for that... my dad and my grandparents are from Shoubra.... and my grandad is a prisest there..  :P no insults to shoubra please

Ta7ya Shobra!!  ;D

pray for me

joe

Oh ma man! Me too!!
    I'm shobrawee.. we are agda3a nass!!

I was born on some street called Ahmad Badawi, near the Dollie Cinema.. Do u know shara3a khallat?
    But my family live near Saint Therese on shoubra street.

I bet u are from chocolany ?? RIght? Near the Geyoushee?? yeah?

Let's pray for the others who are not as fortunate as us, that God may help them.
  • Shobrawee as well?!! What a coincidence (we guys are everywhere)... I'm from a few streets away though from the "dawaran" itself (named because of the delightful system on Shoubra St. where to go the other direction you have to drive a mile to the next possible intersection)... not the geyooshi though (although my father was baptised in St. George in El Geyooshi)... nah, I'm from St. George Khamraweya where my grandad is a priest... three streets after the mosque "el Khazendara"...and my grandparents live by the petrol station "Esso" right besides the metro station "Rod el Farag"

pray for me

joe
  • And what a trailer this is... the consequences are going to be big in Egypt
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6651.msg88875#msg88875 date=1212062224]
    Dear all,

as QT, we respect ur opinion, and it is the typical one......i said mine on ur thread, which i  wont repeat.

now whats weird is the trailer views a very real movie....not a comedy
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6651.msg88883#msg88883 date=1212070989]

Do you mean that the movie is serious and not a comedy? Well, he is a comedy guy, but perhaps making this movie serious is a way of carrying a serious message over to viewers. Maybe this film is not intended to mock, but is actually intending for people to see the truth and the reality and the foolishness of the sectarian strife in our home country.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6651.msg88884#msg88884 date=1212071257]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6651.msg88883#msg88883 date=1212070989]

Do you mean that the movie is serious and not a comedy? Well, he is a comedy guy, but perhaps making this movie serious is a way of carrying a serious message over to viewers. Maybe this film is not intended to mock, but is actually intending for people to see the truth and the reality and the foolishness of the sectarian strife in our home country.

pray for me

joe

he never does anything to mock. it is to show the reality and try to deal with it....but he does that through comedy......not derama movies. drama movies will make this whole thing huge to religious people from both sides.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6651.msg88886#msg88886 date=1212071625]
    he never does anything to mock.

Now come on Mina... how can you say that Adel Imam doesn't mock? Have you seen "Morgan Ahmad Morgan" when he goes into the mosque... anyway the point is you are partially right, he does do make films to show the reality of it (similar to Hany Ramzy in "3ayez 7aee" etc.).

[quote author=minagir link=topic=6651.msg88886#msg88886 date=1212071625]
    drama movies will make this whole thing huge to religious people from both sides.

Thats just my point... this film without any comedy factor, will stir things up in Egypt, no doubt.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6651.msg88883#msg88883 date=1212070989]

A1 Mina..

Exactly!! That's EXACTLY why this movie will make waves. Because what is being said by the Imam is a taboo.. this film will be shown all over the Middle Eastern world. Muslims from Tunisia, Morocco and some parts of Europe, have NO idea what's in their Quran... they've got no idea.

This will shed a lot of light into the truth behind why discrimination happens in Egypt against Copts.

No matter what is mocked in our faith from this movie, believe me, the fact that the truth will show as to how Copts suffer from muslims in Egypt will be worth it.

Mina - I now consider u from SHoubra. Pick any  street from SHoubra and tell everyone u were born there. U're a good man! And say that your great uncle was the Motran of SHoubra.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6651.msg88888#msg88888 date=1212072077]
    No matter what is mocked in our faith from this movie, believe me, the fact that the truth will show as to how Copts suffer from muslims in Egypt will be worth it.

Firstly I beg to differ... the sufferings in Egypt to us Copts will increase as a result of this film... persecution may make a turn for the worse. Ok, so the sufferings may come out into the spotlight, but do you think that that will matter at all in the corrupt government system we have there? For years Egyptians and many others have known the persecution we face in Egypt, but will it stop? No it won't - the government is quick to cover it up, and the leaders of Islam just tell their followers that treatment of Christians in this way is sanctioned by Islam. Believe me, nothing will change for the better here.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6651.msg88889#msg88889 date=1212072509]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6651.msg88888#msg88888 date=1212072077]

Firstly I beg to differ... the sufferings in Egypt to us Copts will increase as a result of this film... persecution may make a turn for the worse. Ok, so the sufferings may come out into the spotlight, but do you think that that will matter at all in the corrupt government system we have there? For years Egyptians and many others have known the persecution we face in Egypt, but will it stop? No it won't - the government is quick to cover it up, and the leaders of Islam just tell their followers that treatment of Christians in this way is sanctioned by Islam. Believe me, nothing will change for the better here.

pray for me

joe

Gosh joe,
    Please explain more. How will sufferings increaase? I feel the opposite. U mean someone will watch the movie and hear an Imam inciting hatred against Christians, and think that its a good thing to do and do it?? surely they'd be embarassed about watching such nonsense being spoken about their religion on TV.

I don't know.. all i know is that its worth seeing to make a judgement over, and that such a movie took a LOT of courage to make. As Mina from shoubra said: its no comedy. Its real words from the Quran being spoken.
  • What I mean Vas, is that some extremists in Egypt will see this film as an attempt by Christians (even though its Adel Imam's film) to extrapolate on the current affairs in Egypt, and will take it negatively, similarly to the situation when Fr. Zakaria started broadcasting

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6651.msg88892#msg88892 date=1212074575]
    What I mean Vas, is that some extremists in Egypt will see this film as an attempt by Christians (even though its Adel Imam's film) to extrapolate on the current affairs in Egypt, and will take it negatively, similarly to the situation when Fr. Zakaria started broadcasting

pray for me

joe

Wait a sec.. u may have a point. The financial backers of this film is the Good News Group. lol. Maybe someone will think that they are an Evangelical Christian bunch that want to destroy Islam. They have nothing to do with the Good News Bible. lol

What a name to pick for a Distribution & recording Studio!!