Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
The Triple A Effect on Divine Justice
Hi,
Concerning the Triple A: Augustine, Anslem and Aquinas.. apparently, they all have had this effect on the Divine Justice.
Are their views distorted?
What's the difference between their views on ours??
Do we share ANYTHING at ALL in common with these people's teachings??
I read in suscopts website an article on the "origin of sin and atonement" -and, it seemed kinda "tit for tat". You sinned, therefore someone has to pay... U sinned against God, so therefore payment is endless,.... etc. etc and u all know the rest i'm sure!
Is this true??
What exactly IS the Coptic view on Divine Justice?? Really!?
Concerning the Triple A: Augustine, Anslem and Aquinas.. apparently, they all have had this effect on the Divine Justice.
Are their views distorted?
What's the difference between their views on ours??
Do we share ANYTHING at ALL in common with these people's teachings??
I read in suscopts website an article on the "origin of sin and atonement" -and, it seemed kinda "tit for tat". You sinned, therefore someone has to pay... U sinned against God, so therefore payment is endless,.... etc. etc and u all know the rest i'm sure!
Is this true??
What exactly IS the Coptic view on Divine Justice?? Really!?

Comments
http://www.orthodoxpress.org/parish/river_of_fire.htm
This article might be usefull, it's from an EO source, but very insightfull:
http://www.orthodoxpress.org/parish/river_of_fire.htm
That's what I'm reading right now. Thanks matt.
On heaven and hell: http://aggreen.net/beliefs/heaven_hell.html
What Christ accomplished on the cross: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/christcross.aspx
On Theosis:
http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/frag_salv.aspx
Moreover, I have seen Fr Tadros using the word "deification" more than once in works like "divine grace" and "the redemption of man". It's also well explained on the site of suscopts under the following link:
http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?catid=383
I suggest we all read, and form our opinion based on primairy sources!!!
Some more amazing articles:
On heaven and hell: http://aggreen.net/beliefs/heaven_hell.html
What Christ accomplished on the cross: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/christcross.aspx
On Theosis:
http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/frag_salv.aspx
Moreover, I have seen Fr Tadros using the word "deification" more than once in works like "divine grace" and "the redemption of man". It's also well explained on the site of suscopts under the following link:
http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?catid=383
I suggest we all read, and form our opinion based on primairy sources!!!
Hang on, if father Malaty is using "Divine Grace" and "Deification" then its still Coptic Orthodox as far as I am concerned.
I need some help here (orthodox11 et al).
Anslem's theory is that the sin is proportional to the stature/status of the person being sinned against? Correct me if I'm wrong? Does the Coptic Church reject this??
THanks, please excuse my ignorance. I'm learning as much as I can.
Thanks again,
If this topic had been answered ages ago, it would have saved me a lot of problems.