Prophecies of Resurrection?

pp
edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Does anyone know a recording of the tunes of the prophecies of Resurrection in Coptic? Like you know how they have the Paschal Tune for the Prophecies. Is there any festal one for the Resurrection? And if so, is there any recording that has it?

Comments

• [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6594.msg87666#msg87666 date=1210800627]
    Does anyone know a recording of the tunes of the prophecies of Resurrection in Coptic? Like you know how they have the Paschal Tune for the Prophecies. Is there any festal one for the Resurrection? And if so, is there any recording that has it?

there is no source that says they are chanted, but rather all say that they are read during communion on bright saturday.....being the liturgy of the baramon.
  • The prophecies are not read on the feast of the Resurrection as mina said, but you can consider Panoti panoti to be a prophecy i suppose
  • But I am pretty sure that these prophecies have dated from way back, and therefore have been read in a tune during Communion of Bright Saturday. Or am I incorrect? Because it doesn't make sense to me that there is a Paschal tune, but not a festal or even regular tune.
  • There is a possibility that they are sung but there are no sources to show a tune for them. It makes sense that they are just read to show we aren't joyous but we aren't sad as well, we are waiting so to speak.
  • But jydeacon, what I thought of the whole reason why [coptic]Panou] Panou][/coptic] is sung in either the Long [coptic]Pi`hmot gar[/coptic] tune or the [coptic]Y agapy[/coptic] tune is because it is showing how Jesus is now in Heaven...it is kind of like [coptic]Eulogumenoc[/coptic], we are rejoicing that the Pope of Popes has reached his Heaven. That Heaven of course, is the true one, and also, it is as if he is coming into our hearts too. That's why we sing Papal Tunes. So, that doesn't explain why no one sings the prophecies.
  • But He had not gone to Heaven. He is of course at all places and everywhere at all times but at this transition He had not gone to Heaven but opened the gates of paradise for us. That is why we celebrate His Ascension because then He finally went back to where He came from and sat at the Right Hand of the Father. 
  • Then, how come the Church does [coptic]Panou] Panou][/coptic] is sung in either the Long [coptic]Pi`hmot gar[/coptic] tune or the [coptic]Y agapy[/coptic] tune?
  • I think its because the tune has joyful and mournful parts to it
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6594.msg87680#msg87680 date=1210801986]
    Then, how come the Church does [coptic]Panou] Panou][/coptic] is sung in either the Long [coptic]Pi`hmot gar[/coptic] tune or the [coptic]Y agapy[/coptic] tune?

you are looking at the tune rather than the text. the text, in almost all its versions, projects Jesus's life, mostly concentrating on the suffering and Resurrection.

and guys, can we just let things as they are set for us. let's not wonder around in ideas that have no church source.....
  • I know it is a projection of his suffering and Resurrection, but why in the papal tune if the occasion is "not joyful and not sad"?
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6594.msg87684#msg87684 date=1210802685]
    I know it is a projection of his suffering and Resurrection, but why in the papal tune if the occasion is "not joyful and not sad"?

well when the pope comes, do we change tune to festive. no. so first they are hymns of welcoming, and int he same time have their own tune.....not festive not hazini.. especially not hazini because it's officially communion. NO SADNESS in communion in any way..
  • So, there is NO tune for Prophecies, or is there a tune but it was never recorded, or is there a tune that IS recorded?
  • There is NO tune
  • lol, thanks jydeacon, I am kinda slow so...please bear with me.
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6594.msg87687#msg87687 date=1210804923]
    So, there is NO tune for Prophecies, or is there a tune but it was never recorded, or is there a tune that IS recorded?

i wish it's a problem of recording. but there is no written source of one.
  • Yeah, Mina, I wished that there was a tune too. I don't see why they have a Paschal one but not a "not-happy, not sad" tune.