Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
St. Gregory Palamas
Hi,
He was the Bishop of Thessaloniki. He is also considered a Godsend and theological 'hero' to the Greek-Orthodox Church. He existed in the 16th century. I don't wanna know about him, I just REALLY need to know whether he is considered one of the COPTIC Orthodox Church Fathers also?
Please let me know,
THanks
He was the Bishop of Thessaloniki. He is also considered a Godsend and theological 'hero' to the Greek-Orthodox Church. He existed in the 16th century. I don't wanna know about him, I just REALLY need to know whether he is considered one of the COPTIC Orthodox Church Fathers also?
Please let me know,
THanks

Comments
He flourished in the 14th century and particulary opposed the Scholastic teaching of the time and supported the hesychasts on Mnt Athos.
He has a special Sunday in Lent to himself and, although his teaching might be agreeable to Oriental Orthodox he is most definitely a late Father of the Eastern Orthodox.
If a more expert voice to give an opinion here, I would be most interested to know how Copts and others view his teaching. His teaching on the Uncreated Light might not be disagrreable to you but it would be good to know.
Aidan
Christ is Risen!
He flourished in the 14th century and particulary opposed the Scholastic teaching of the time and supported the hesychasts on Mnt Athos.
He has a special Sunday in Lent to himself and, although his teaching might be agreeable to Oriental Orthodox he is most definitely a late Father of the Eastern Orthodox.
If a more expert voice to give an opinion here, I would be most interested to know how Copts and others view his teaching. His teaching on the Uncreated Light might not be disagrreable to you but it would be good to know.
Aidan
Thanks Aiden,
I heard he was a hot shot theologian. Were there any Coptic Fathers who were before him that presented to the Christendom the same ideas as Gregory palamas??