During Holy Week

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi Everyone,

This is kind of an odd question, so forgive me if I disrupt the forums. My mom made a hair appointment for me on good friday evening and I told my mom that I am not under any circumstances getting my hair done on ANY day in Holy week because I want to focus on God and not worldy things. My mom and sister think I'm being unreasonable and trying to disrupt their plans. I really don't care about getting my hair done at all... Was I wrong to veto the appointment, was it disrespectful... Or is it correct to focus on GOD during Holy Week?

Comments

• I think you did the right thing.
  • I think so too :)
    Especially good Friday, you can't ruin such an amazing day by worrying about your hair appointment...
  • I agree, it really should not be necessary to get your hair done on argueably the Holiest day of the year
  • I commend you for doing that... I know it's not easy! why don't you try to negotiate with them? Maybe you could all get your hair done on Saturday morning...
  • [quote author=Marmoura99 link=topic=6506.msg86042#msg86042 date=1208495562]
    I commend you for doing that... I know it's not easy! why don't you try to negotiate with them? Maybe you could all get your hair done on Saturday morning...

Well put, and I agree 100%.
  • Thanks guys! I had a little talk with my mom and we pushed it to saturday morning! God bless, and thanks again!