Who else is going to do some 'extreme measures' for Holy Week?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi guys.

Who else is taking some days off from school for Holy Week, and planning to sleep at the church?

What are the details of your plans?

Comments

• whoo hooo!!!! i'm going to do that ya severus!! bas lel asaf... mosh ha2dar abayet fel keneesah... mosh 3arfah lel 3o2ad deh beta3et el nas... ::)
  • I will definetely miss school on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday and go to the Pascha every matins and evening of the week. Then definetely Apocalypse Saturday (can't wait to say Anok pe pi Koji) and the great feast of the Resurection. May God bless us all during this week and allow us the unique blessing of partaking in his sufferings for his is the kingdom, power and glory, forever and ever amen.
  • I am pretty sure I wont go to school on Good Friday and go to pascha every day at night and Apocalypsis night last time i fell asleep but ill try to stay up this year.Of course Lelet el 3eid
  • I also was planning to take Thursday and Friday off from school, and was also going to ask Abouna if I could stay at the church Friday through the Easter Liturgy on Saturday night.

Good to see such devotion :)

• I am not quite sure that taking days off from school and sleeping in church make us better Christians. 
  • [quote author=grace08 link=topic=6480.msg85643#msg85643 date=1208037824]
    I am not quite sure that taking days off from school and sleeping in church make us better Christians. 

I am not quite sure about your attitude, actually.

Some of us live far away from our local church, so we can not leave the church and go back and forth as conveniently as others.

Perhaps it's time to rethink others' motives before we express our feelings?
  • Umm, I'm not sleeping at church, except on Apocalypse night.... but i don't actually plan to sleep...
    Umm I'm also going to try to go to all the services.

Not exactly extreme... lol.
  • [quote author=grace08 link=topic=6480.msg85643#msg85643 date=1208037824]
    I am not quite sure that taking days off from school and sleeping in church make us better Christians. 

I agree with severus as well as, when we take days off for our religion we do something you might not realize, WE REPRESENT COPTIC ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS AND THEIR BELIEFS, because I put God before everything...
  • wait, you guys don't havea week off from school?
    thats weird becasue in New York we have the whole week for spring break off
    i want to go to Bright saturday
    pray 4 me that i won't fall asleep : ]
  • I had my spring break last month
  • you can sleep at the church?? :O
    (other than on apocolypse night?)
  • That is the only night I think all of us are planning on, so it really can not be considered sleep I guess.
  • I am gonna take the day off from work on friday and i am gonna go to church that day! I just love good friday! that is like my fav. day of the holy week!
    I am looking forward to say "laka el kowa we  al magad we el baraka ela el abad amean..."