Are there any living saints today?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Do any of u know any living saints today???? Like in the deserts of Egypt or anywhere? If so, who are they and where are they????

Comments

• Of course there are a lot of them. if you read the book for saint Irene ( raisa dir abou sifin elmntkla ) you will know there are many of them .
  • I wrote this in another post but I'll put it here too:

There are many saints known to God that aren't officially known to us people. Not all saints are canonized. There are many who we don't know of who were never canonized, so canonization of saints doesn't really mean that if someone isn't canonized they aren't a saint. I think canonization is just a way of saying "we know 100% that this person is a saint!" while with other people we maybe 95% sure or 80% sure.

There are many living saints amongst us right now that we do not know of, simply becuase it wasn't part of God's will for them to be revealed to us. So it's always good to love your neighbor, not only because we are called to do so, but also because you never know when you are talking to a saint! There are many "fools for Christ" and other sorts of people out there that unless God makes them known to us people, we would never know of their saintliness and just think of them as crazy or really really weird! There are many saintly people out there within our ordinary lives who are full of virtue and love the Lord very much. Such people come and go and are not canonized as saints but are considered saints by God I believe. I think being a saint is also another way of saying that this person lived a God-pleasing life and is most definitely in heaven.

• Yea that's what I was thinking. There must be some out there it's just that we don't know about them. Becuz they are hard to find and hidden.

[quote author=gigglyshy link=topic=6418.msg85236#msg85236 date=1207598951]
    I wrote this in another post but I'll put it here too:

There are many saints known to God that aren't officially known to us people. Not all saints are canonized. There are many who we don't know of who were never canonized, so canonization of saints doesn't really mean that if someone isn't canonized they aren't a saint. I think canonization is just a way of saying "we know 100% that this person is a saint!" while with other people we maybe 95% sure or 80% sure.

There are many living saints amongst us right now that we do not know of, simply becuase it wasn't part of God's will for them to be revealed to us. So it's always good to love your neighbor, not only because we are called to do so, but also because you never know when you are talking to a saint! There are many "fools for Christ" and other sorts of people out there that unless God makes them known to us people, we would never know of their saintliness and just think of them as crazy or really really weird! There are many saintly people out there within our ordinary lives who are full of virtue and love the Lord very much. Such people come and go and are not canonized as saints but are considered saints by God I believe. I think being a saint is also another way of saying that this person lived a God-pleasing life and is most definitely in heaven.

• H.H. Pope Shenouda III
  • [quote author=Mixed_One link=topic=6418.msg85587#msg85587 date=1207941941]
    Yea that's what I was thinking. There must be some out there it's just that we don't know about them. Becuz they are hard to find and hidden.

Yea... it's nice to know of the saints who are alive, but knowing about them isn't really necessary, even though learning about their faith strengthens ours because there are so many other saints out there that we already know about. Most of them are known for the same thing that they go about in different ways, and that is to die to ourselves and to the world and to live forever for and with our Lord Jesus Christ. 
  • Yea, exactly

[quote author=gigglyshy link=topic=6418.msg85689#msg85689 date=1208125992]
    [quote author=Mixed_One link=topic=6418.msg85587#msg85587 date=1207941941]
    Yea that's what I was thinking. There must be some out there it's just that we don't know about them. Becuz they are hard to find and hidden.

Yea... it's nice to know of the saints who are alive, but knowing about them isn't really necessary, even though learning about their faith strengthens ours because there are so many other saints out there that we already know about. Most of them are known for the same thing that they go about in different ways, and that is to die to ourselves and to the world and to live forever for and with our Lord Jesus Christ.