Martydom-Unfair?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey everyone,

I was thinking to myself... Anyone can give their lives to Christ as monks. Literally, anyone can sice monasticism is all around the world. And I also understand why martyrs get a higher rank than monks. But isn't it kind of unfair that we have no oppurtunity to be martyred?? Like saint mina wanted ot become a martyr and he knew exactly what to do. Go to the pagan king and confess the name of Christ. But we can't do that... So How can we be martyrs and try to reach to their rank, but the oppurtunity isn't available.

Comments

• First of all.....not everybody can be a monk...first they need a university degree.(to insure that they r not drop outs and pick the life of monks as an easy way out... like to skip college or university)  and lots of monks(or hermits) live for Jesus...that is their "job" like St.Karas, Jesus came to visit Him Daily...

Second....u dont have o be martyred to be with God.... if u confess Jesus every where u go, in ur works daily and show the Holy Spirit inside of u than u should be verry well off...      just like St.Mina confessed his beleive on Jesus, us too can confess Jesus in our daily Lives and u will get the blessings...

and 1 more question..if u had the chance to be martyred..would u go?...i know that most of us will say yes now, but when it comes to the real thing, what would ur chaoice be?....(perfect example in the movie  Abu-skhiron el keliny....  he and his frend were wondering what would happen if they were to be martyred, his frend**was verry spiritual** gave up, and worshiped the fake gods)

plz correct me if i am wrong

God Bless

Coptic Pharoah
  • I agree with coptic pharoah, i think these days a lot of us don't have enough faith to be martyrs. I'm sure all of us would say that we would be martyred in a sec but when it comes down to it, i think a lot of us wouldn't be able to do it. You remind me of Tammav Irini who really wanted to become a martyr and prayed to become one and God accepted her request but was not literally martyred but was constantly in pain and took it as a way to become a martyr now i'm not saying go and do this but God knows our hearts and like coptic pharoah said we can confess the lord christ in our daily lives by living according to his commandments
  • The word martyr means witness. It doesn't refer to dying, it refers to giving life... We can give our lives to Jesus by LIVING for Him, not just dyingg for His sake.

Live for Jesus now, and then with Him foreverr.