Is it ok to not fast when you are sick ??????????

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
[glow=red,2,300]Is it ok to not fast when you are sick ? ??? ??? ???[/glow]
[move][glow=red,2,300]Thanks for the help.[/glow][/move]

Comments

• [quote author=itachi uchiha link=topic=6284.msg82955#msg82955 date=1204071536]
    [glow=red,2,300]Is it ok to not fast when you are sick ? ??? ??? ???[/glow]
    [move][glow=red,2,300]Thanks for the help.[/glow][/move]

u must ask ur FOC!!! if he allows u then ok!!! am i right?!?!?!?!? if i am rong someone plz correct me!!!
  • First thing is as Regretful+Sinner said you should talk to your FOC about that. Second, my FOC told me that when you get sick and take it in thanksgiving during a fasting time and you are forced to break the fast God will accept your sickness as your fasting. Its not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth that defiles a man. Fasting is not just fasting for the sake of it. if it just becomes a physical thing than it means nothing.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6284.msg82958#msg82958 date=1204072036]
    First thing is as Regretful+Sinner said you should talk to your FOC about that. Second, my FOC told me that when you get sick and take it in thanksgiving during a fasting time and you are forced to break the fast God will accept your sickness as your fasting. Its not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth that defiles a man. Fasting is not just fasting for the sake of it. if it just becomes a physical thing than it means nothing.

Gameela (beautiful)!!!
  • [glow=red,2,300]Thanks you helped me alot.[/glow]
  • At the same time do not use your sickness as an excuse not to fast. Nobody ever died of fasting while they were sick...and how much more does it mean to fast for Christ while you are in pain and the conditions are not easy and convenient. So I urge you to fast no matter what. God Almighty himself came down from heaven, took the form of a man, and died for us during this fast. This is true love...the one that comes with suffering.

God Bless
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=6284.msg82978#msg82978 date=1204074861]
    At the same time do not use your sickness as an excuse not to fast. Nobody ever died of fasting while they were sick...and how much more does it mean to fast for Christ while you are in pain and the conditions are not easy and convenient. So I urge you to fast no matter what. God Almighty himself came down from heaven, took the form of a man, and died for us during this fast. This is true love...the one that comes with suffering.

God Bless

It's a blessing to fast, and if you think that just w/o getting permission from your Father of Confession, that you can just skip fasting this time, assuming that you have an illness which you may or may not have, sometimes you can make yourself believe that you have a sickness when you really don't, so watch for that, just as Unworthy1 has said don't use your sickness as an excuse not to fast, I know it's hard but just stick with it, it's not like it's forever!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=6284.msg82978#msg82978 date=1204074861]
    At the same time do not use your sickness as an excuse not to fast. Nobody ever died of fasting while they were sick...and how much more does it mean to fast for Christ while you are in pain and the conditions are not easy and convenient. So I urge you to fast no matter what. God Almighty himself came down from heaven, took the form of a man, and died for us during this fast. This is true love...the one that comes with suffering.

God Bless

I agree with you as well, but sometimes you truly are forced to stop fasting for the sake of your health. I didn't say that just cause you are sick you have an excuse everytime. i was just saying that cause i didn't want to stop one time fasting but was forced due to the health condition i was in and my FOC told me this. I'm not talking about a silly cold.
  • If you have permission from a priest it's fine.
  • Suffice to say, discuss it with your FOC, and where appropriate with a parent and/or physician.

Some of the previous posts were quite nice.
  • Yea, I think it is based on what you are sick with or if actually can eat some of the fasting food.  But most of the time even if you are sick, you will still find a lot of healthy fasting food.
    Now about strict abstinence I would probably get permission from my FOC and just stay fasting but not abstain.