life

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I am so tired of it.Sometimes I feel good and happy about it and sometimes i just dont want to live anymore. I dont want to commit suicide but i want to be alive sometimes and dead other times

Comments

• I'm not a prophet or a spokesperson or anything, but if you want advice from a person that actually was about to commit suicide several times, although you said you don't want to go over board that far, but it's starts off by saying ya I just wish I wasn't alive sometimes, but the point is that you need to be aware of what is bothering or annoying you so you can do something about it, like we just watched a video at school about bullying and many people started calling others the "n" word or something serious like, "oh look it's the terrorist" and what not, be aware of your surroundings, take precautions if you think that something with upset you enough, don't always hang around the bush, try listening to "happy hymns" depending on the occasion, I'm not saying like during Good Friday when almost all of us are so upset and crying you go and listen to a christmas hymn, because most of the time you have to abide by the occasional hymns that are only necessary for that feast!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Well yeah listening to hymns makes me feel very good and happy. That was helpful
    Thanks anymore replies?
  • http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=27&Itemid=26

These are all sermons concerning Cheering up!

There is a sermon by HG Bishop David concerning Practicing a life of joy. there is also a great series by the awesome Abouna Anthony!

I hope I helped!

Oh and remember!

• [li]Can a woman forget her infant, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yes, they may forget, yet will I not forget you.
      Isaiah 49:15[/li]
      [li]You will forget your misery; you will remember it as waters that have passed away.
      Job 11:16[/li]
      [li]And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
      Romans 8:28[/li]

• You can read the bible. And u can help in the church. or watch some saint movies!!! well do something that would bring u closer to God!!! u will be satisfied!!!
  • Remeber the purpouse of life and Gods love which lead to salvation then u will truely feel life and will be more comforted and feel good.
  • Thanks you guys Tishori Im listening to the sermon now. His Servant when the sermon is finished I will watch the Everything Skit thanks.Anymore replies

• Hi Loca4Christ,

I think a lot of us can relate to what you are going through to a certain extent; just remember that life has it's ups and downs and its not going to always give us what we want or go the way we want it to! But also keep in mind that Jesus Christ gave up His life for us so that we can live.
    Every time you might feeling down, just try to think of all the wonderful things that God has given you. Also, if you have a close friend that you can really trust you can try speaking with him/her to try to let what is bothering you out; you can also try speaking with you Father of Confession about that also because He will be able to give you a lot of great advice.
    Lastly, try to always keep busy to have your mind off things things that really get to you. For example, serve in the church, help others...etc
    I hope this helps :)
    God Bless
  • [quote author=BabaKyrillosVI link=topic=6251.msg82875#msg82875 date=1203961774]

Hi Loca4Christ,

I think a lot of us can relate to what you are going through to a certain extent; just remember that life has it's ups and downs and its not going to always give us what we want or go the way we want it to! But also keep in mind that Jesus Christ gave up His life for us so that we can live.
    Every time you might feeling down, just try to think of all the wonderful things that God has given you. Also, if you have a close friend that you can really trust you can try speaking with him/her to try to let what is bothering you out; you can also try speaking with you Father of Confession about that also because He will be able to give you a lot of great advice.
    Lastly, try to always keep busy to have your mind off things things that really get to you. For example, serve in the church, help others...etc
    I hope this helps :)
    God Bless

Thanks I do need to think about what God did.BTW I love that Everything Skit thanks His Servant.
  • mee too, i think like that sometimes, i wish i was dead. i sometimes feel there is absolutely no point of me being alive..i dont do anything and im not needed. i think i have a very miserable, and sad personality/life. you say u get ups and downs in life: i think i dont get ups in my life and most of the time i keep thinking about all the problems i have and how sad my life is... :'(
  • As I read your post, I thought about today's Pauline epistle. I offer what I think the Scripture tries to tell us, and how I believe it applies to us.

It says to "put off the old man", and "put on the new man". It is for you to decrease, so that God will increase in you, making you a holy abode- a vessel of honour. It is then you will feel content. I think, my sister, that you are thinking too much about your life, or the satisfaction of it. This is the problem we have when we try to use our own means to get what we believe we need and want. It is from a focus on the self- not to self-reflect like in repentance, for you are looking at the condition of your heart NOT the condition of your life. It is the problem when we think too highly of our control of our lives.

The monks, when they realised that should be living for Christ ("what does God want me to do?") and was called to asceticism to worship Christ, they went to the monasteries.

I believe, in a way, we are called to do the same thing. We might not be called to the monasteries, but we are called to the work of the church, to worship Him, and to attend to the needs of His creation.

It is when you stop caring about your own goals, and try to do God's goals in your life, and depend on Him, with the assurance that God will always help you, and that if you fail, He is trying to teach us, to lift us back again- that you will not despair. That you will forget about your life, and become a privileged guardian of the new life, participating in it, with this new energy, with this new purpose.

This is something I myself have to remind myself again when the Lord remind me how much I have been living for myself, and how empty it is, because I have no idea about it is or what it should be or what its purpose.

It is going to be difficult- for this is a radical change. I am not saying that you are being selfish, and thus upset- for we all get upset. But King David put all these concerns to God, and really just said "so be it". Every time he complained and supplicated, he ends up glorifying God. So it is not just asking yourself "what does God want me to do", it is to know that when you do that, the problems you encounter to live for God- you do not have to face it yourself; God is near. That is why prayer is so important, I believe.

But Christ our Lord made it, and had a purpose. I do wish you read Psalm 139:

[center]1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
    2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
            You understand my thought afar off.
    3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
            And are acquainted with all my ways.
    4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
            But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
    5 You have hedged me behind and before,
            And laid Your hand upon me.
    6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
            It is high, I cannot attain it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
            Or where can I flee from Your presence?
    8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
            If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
    9 If I take the wings of the morning,
            And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
    10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
            And Your right hand shall hold me.
    11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
            Even the night shall be light about me;
    12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
            But the night shines as the day;
            The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts;
            You covered me in my mother’s womb.
    14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
            Marvelous are Your works,
            And that my soul knows very well.
    15 My frame was not hidden from You,
            When I was made in secret,
            And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
            And in Your book they all were written,
            The days fashioned for me,
            When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
            How great is the sum of them!
    18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
            When I awake, I am still with You.

19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
            Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
    20 For they speak against You wickedly;
            Your enemies take Your name in vain.
    21 Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You?
            And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
    22 I hate them with perfect hatred;
            I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
            Try me, and know my anxieties;
    24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
            And lead me in the way everlasting.[/center]
  • Thank You Clay that was very informational I will keep those words in mind. THe only reason I feel all of that is because sometimes I feel left out.