Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368

Comments
The word pope comes from the word "Papa" meaning father. Origionally in the Coptic Church that word was not used at all, but after the 13th pope of the Church pope Ierakulas (Herakulas) became like a "father to the Bishops and the congregation" they called him that and thereafter all the following popes.
But I think that term we got from the Roman Catholic chruch, but i am not sure.
So anyway, I was wondering, what happened to Max Michael now after he lost the case and can not be legally called a leader of the Copts and has not power on them in Egypt?
Did he go somewhere else?
I am pretty sure that he is currently in the USA. Not 100% sure, but I imagine that he is - I do not think the US cares, he got 'ordained' here (in Kansas, IIRC), and so on.