ADVICE

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey guys I have this classmate that doesnt understand anything in algebra and its getting on my nerves.Almost everyday she calls me and wants help.And like here is the thing the teacher asks any questions she just sits there.I ask questions and so do many other people.Nobody is going to kill her if she asks a question.And what bothers me more is that There was tutoring and i went to it and I told her why dont you go and she didnt answer.Now track season is starting and yeah she can go to track practice but not tutoring.And they are at the same time so she could have went before and in tutoring the bus takes u home.

Comments

• I think u shoud tell the teacher after class to move ur seat without telling anyone u asked her!!! i had the same problem!! but ur luckier, because the girl that sat next to me just looked unto my paper without even asking or saying i don't get this. there was this girl in my class who sits next to me in algebra class! when she wouldn't understand anything she would look unto my paper and i would notice. so after class i told my teacher to switch her seat. he asked y so i told him. and he said ok. and so the next day he switched her seat. so just tell ur teacher she can help u!!!
  • idk...maybe  the way you explain things to her..makes more sense..ya know?
    like all of last year in algebra ppl would sk me for help even after they asked the teacher  help. sometimes when you hear it a certain way it clicks.

or mbe for somee wacko reason she can't stay for tutoring but she can for track.
    youy never know.

and if it's nott hurting you to help herr [other than annoying you] then i think you should just keep helping her. And if she's only asking you for answers the teacher will obv. notice that she's getting A's on assignments and faioling tests.
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6188.msg81911#msg81911 date=1202348834]
    idk...maybe  the way you explain things to her..makes more sense..ya know?
    like all of last year in algebra ppl would sk me for help even after they asked the teacher  help. sometimes when you hear it a certain way it clicks.

or mbe for somee wacko reason she can't stay for tutoring but she can for track.
    youy never know.

and if it's nott hurting you to help herr [other than annoying you] then i think you should just keep helping her. And if she's only asking you for answers the teacher will obv. notice that she's getting A's on assignments and faioling tests.

copticcross3 has a point!
  • [quote author=*Thirsty+For+Christ* link=topic=6188.msg81905#msg81905 date=1202343797]
    I think u shoud tell the teacher after class to move ur seat without telling anyone u asked her!!! i had the same problem!! but ur luckier, because the girl that sat next to me just looked unto my paper without even asking or saying i don't get this. there was this girl in my class who sits next to me in algebra class! when she wouldn't understand anything she would look unto my paper and i would notice. so after class i told my teacher to switch her seat. he asked y so i told him. and he said ok. and so the next day he switched her seat. so just tell ur teacher she can help u!!!

We dont have assigned seats we are just a group of friends that sit together in a table.
  • You guys but you dont know how annoying it is.I also hate talking on the phone. I understand what you are trying to tell me but its like every night. Yeah one more thing sometimes the most important thing there is to know I tell her on the phone and the next day she forgets. And this has been going on this whole year the phone thing.But the past two years she didnt want to learn anything she just wanted to copy my work.
  • Come on you guys any advice?
  • I have one question, what would you like to see happen?? If for anything you shouldn't be bothered as much as you think, maybe just can't understand it from one person's perspectives, or even they just can't understand it at all, and need a peer that would be sophisticated enough to explain it better. Do you not want to talk to her on the phone anymore, why don't you actually change your number or get caller ID or something? I don't know if you know this or not, but they offer caller ID approximately worldwide, even Egypt has that if you live there or something!! Have you done anything at all to stop her, because it seems like you didn't, just wondering, sorry if I'm running into conclusions!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I'm just trying to see the good in people but did it ever occur to you that she may not understand except when from you?  Or is she one of THOSE girls?  Ahh I will never understand female dynamics.
  • [quote author=Archdeacon link=topic=6188.msg81966#msg81966 date=1202517572]
    Ahh I will never understand female dynamics.

Here, Here!
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6188.msg81964#msg81964 date=1202513376]
    I have one question, what would you like to see happen?? If for anything you shouldn't be bothered as much as you think, maybe just can't understand it from one person's perspectives, or even they just can't understand it at all, and need a peer that would be sophisticated enough to explain it better. Do you not want to talk to her on the phone anymore, why don't you actually change your number or get caller ID or something? I don't know if you know this or not, but they offer caller ID approximately worldwide, even Egypt has that if you live there or something!! Have you done anything at all to stop her, because it seems like you didn't, just wondering, sorry if I'm running into conclusions!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

I have caller Id and Sometimes I think its disrespectful to not answer the phone to people I know. I really dont want her to fail but on the other hand if you gave me a class to teach less than 1percent of the students will understand what i said.
  • I would most definitely agree with answering the phone to people that you know, because it is disrespectful as you said, but why don't you confront her saying that, maybe I can tutor you these days and what not. That's great that you don't want her to fail, but you got to think about how it may effect you in the future if she keeps calling and calling and calling, maybe you might be at risk for failing, you never know!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6188.msg82002#msg82002 date=1202572583]
    I would most definitely agree with answering the phone to people that you know, because it is disrespectful as you said, but why don't you confront her saying that, maybe I can tutor you these days and what not. That's great that you don't want her to fail, but you got to think about how it may effect you in the future if she keeps calling and calling and calling, maybe you might be at risk for failing, you never know!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

Yes I am in risk of failing because sometimes I do my work and she asks for help and Im lucky that the teacher asks is everyone finished or not. I dont know if i can tell her times to call me because i dont go anywhere except to church on Saturday and Sunday.Barely i go places