Abouna Yostos El-Antony icon or picture

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Does anyone have any icons or pictures or know any sites were i can get a picture of Abouna Yostos El-Antony if u do plz share.

Your bro in Christ Abflab

Comments

www.mar-mina.com/vb/showthread.php?t=480
  • May I ask who he is?
  • Abouna Yostos el antony is a very blessed saint. He is also very recent. I have been lucky to visit the Monastery of St. Anthony in Egypt to take the blessings of his relics.

He was a saint in St. Anthony's monastery in the mid 1900's. He was always silent and was an ascetic meaning he could travel anywhere in seconds. A movie was made regarding his life story. It's on google video.
  • He is a monk who was a novice in the monastery of St. Paul and he was kikd out from there after he broke the bell. he went to St. Anthoys monastery were he became a monk and lived a life of silence and solitude. he used to only bathe once a year and no one ever said that incense smelt better than him. He died i think in the 1970s. Pope Shenouda said of him that he was a forth century monk living int the 20th century. dats his brief life story and honestly that is all i know about him. there was a movie made about him
  • Yeah and most of the time he asked What time is it? I have the movie its very nice.