Origen of Alexandria Saint or Heretic?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Does anyone know anything about Origen because i always thought he was a saint in the church because he had great wisdom and explained many things in the Bible and wrote many commentaries and he was also the principle of the school of Alexandria and was teacher of St Dionysius who later became the 14th patriarch of the see of St. Mark.Anba Angealos in his book an altar in the midst of Egypt in away praises him for his teachings and gives us a brief explanationsaying he wrote more than 6000 commentaries in addition to his famous Hexapla.
BUT in the book Paradise of the Holy Fathers (Bostan Al-Rohban) Anba Pachomious says to some people who come to visit him who were said to be heretics "Do ye call that which is written in the works of Origen heresy? And when they had heard this question they denied and said that they did not.Then the holy man said unto them, Behold, I take you to witness before God, that every man who reads and acceptes the work of Origen, shall certainly arrive in the fire of Sheol, and his inheritance shall be everlasting darkness. That which I know from God I have made you to be witnesses of, and I am therefore not to be condemned by God on this account, and ye yourselves know about it. Behold, I have made you to hear the truth. And if ye believe me, and if ye wish truly to gratify God, take all the writings of Origen and cast them into the fire; and neverseek to read them again"

so wat does the Coptic church see him as
loll im really confused

Comments